AVIC411.com

App Radio/App Radio 2 Bypass Confirmed!!!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was wondering if this product would work for the AppRadio2. It's a new addition to amazon and has no reviews as of yet:

http://www.amazon.co...43866416&sr=1-8

Nevermind, as I saw on the previous page, this unit works just fine.

I see some people's concern that Pioneer may change their timings and thus make this unit useless, but I would think Pioneer has better things to do in trying to make this unit better.

I was wondering if this product would work for the AppRadio2. It's a new addition to amazon and has no reviews as of yet:

http://www.amazon.co...43866416&sr=1-8

Another Confirmation that this unit works. I've put in atleast 5 of these units with this bypass. I use all the Pioneer bypasses on the Microbypass website.

http://www.microbypass.com/index.php

Good afternoon all,

Just thought I would share my experience with the App Radio 2 (SPH-DA100). I bought the UK model from Halfords and can confirm that the switch or relay is not needed for the UK model (at least for the model I have anyway...). I simply connected the handbrake wire to the ground on vehicle wiring harness and I am able to access all menus at any time - including youtube etc when I have my phone connected (HTC Sensation).

I have installed the unit in my Alfa Romeo Spider (2008), at some point I will put up some pics and installation guide over on Alfa Owner and post a link on here for anyone interested.

Ali

Complicated bypass schemes have always been US units only. We should probably state that in our threads from now on.

it was said the European models did not have to be bypassed so this shouldn't be needed for french units

unless your Canadian :-(

Please look at Appradio plus thread. I have found a solution. It is related to differences in MCU.bin part of US and EU firmwares. It looks like EU version does not have this stupid "attach, detach, press OK" block. It is enough to connect hand break connector on minus to bypass block.

We are aware that EU units don't need this type of bypass but that doesn't change anything for US units.

stupid question maybe:

we cant just install the eu firmware? and ground the wire?

http://www.pioneer.eu/files/support/SPH-DA100/SPH-DA100_Ver08.17.zip

would it screw up your maps?

only a lowly aviation mechanic here, had some ac and dc theory...in school working on higher aspirations

im really curious to slap a scope-meter on this thing hooked up in the recommended fashion and see what kind of voltage/frequency swings are going on here., my fluke has a data logging mode that could nail down the timing for sure

and I'll greedily soak up any knowledge ...what are in the bypass modules?

and "brosophina" thats just pure gold :mrgreen:

It is being reported that 8.17 disables the bypass with the TR7 outlined in this thread. My guess is the microbypass that everyone has mentioned in this thread is also now useless. However the TR7 bypass should be achievable again with a different timing scheme.

It is being reported that 8.17 disables the bypass with the TR7 outlined in this thread. My guess is the microbypass that everyone has mentioned in this thread is also now useless. However the TR7 bypass should be achievable again with a different timing scheme.

Really? I haven't seen that reported anywhere. I was just about to hook up the TR7 when I saw your post.

So far only one person has reported that his TR7 bypass no longer works with 8.17 but he is a noob so I want to see others report it before I am confident this is the case. It has happened before however which leads me to believe this is likely the case now. The silver lining is if this is the case it should be correctable with a TR7 as it can be reprogramed to work with the new firmware.