AVIC411.com

App Radio/App Radio 2 Bypass Confirmed!!!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My instructions for the PAC tr-7 doesn't have a #17 mod. Is that normal or was I sold an older model?

Also says it came programmed in alpine video bypass which is mod #2...does this mean I can install as is? Seems some run mode 2.

It all depends on which model you have determines which feature on the TR7 needs to be programmed.

Edit: feature #17 is not listed in the programming manual but if you read throughout the thread it's discussed how to program it for feature 17, only works for AppRadio 2 which I believe is the SPH-DA100 from my understanding.

If you have the SPH-DA01 or SPH-DA02 you need to program it for feature 12 with a relay as discussed in previous posts.

^thanks for that. I have the sph-da100, and the preprogrammed alpine bypass unit install per the drawing on the previous page. The bypass works, however there is no sound for videos in my iphone photo app. I dont have any other video file to try at te moment. I believe I read someone else had this problem, but can't seem to find if there was a solution. When I just grounded the light green wire previously, I had sound, I can't imagine what this tr7 could do to kill the sound.

I can't imagine what this tr7 could do to kill the sound.

simple, it cant.

all it can do is make the unit think that the brake is set when its not, if your unit is showing video, it is hooked up right and is no different from just having the wire grounded, the radio cant "tell the dirrerence" from ground, the ground at the parking brake wire, or the ground from a relay or TR7.

AppRadio SPH-DA02 users:

**This is to reiterate and combine all the information gathered throughout the last 14 pages.

Listed below is the wiring for the Relay & TR7 along with step-by-step instructions on how to program the TR7 for feature #12:

Relay Wiring:

85 - Blue wire on the TR-7

86 - White and Orange wire from the TR-7

87 - Tied to 86 on the Relay

30 - Green/White (Parking Break) wire on the Pioneer Control Line Wiring Harness

TR-7 Wiring:

Red - Yellow Wire (Constant Power) on Vehicle Wiring Harness

Black - Black Wire (Ground) on Vehicle Wiring Harness

Green - Red Wire on (ACC Power) on Vehicle Wiring Harness

Orange - 86 & 87 on the Relay

White - 86 & 87 on the Relay

Blue - 85 on the Relay

The TR7 will need to be setup for feature 12. The settings will be:

Option 1 - 1 delayed ON for Blue

Option 2 - 2 delayed OFF for White

Option 3 - 1 delayed ON for Orange

Duration 1 - 040 (40 seconds)

Duration 2 - 045 (45 seconds)

Duration 3 - 050 (50 seconds)

Program TR7 to Feature 12

Connect (Red) to Power and (Black) to Ground

Ground (Brown) wire (12) times, confirm light blinks (12) times.

Ground (Brown) wire (1) time, confirm light blinks (1) time

Ground (Brown) wire (2) times, confirm light blinks (2) times

Ground (Brown) wire (1) time, confirm light blocks (1) time

Ground (Brown) wire (1) time, light will flash quickly (1) time, wait (3) seconds

Light will flash quickly (2) times, touch (Brown) wire (4) times, confirm blinks (4) times

Light will flash quickly (3) times, wait (3) seconds

Light will flash quickly (4) times

Grown (Brown) wire (1) time, light will flash quickly (1) time, wait (3) seconds

Light will flash quickly (2) times, touch (Brown) wire (4) times, confirm blinks (4) times

Light will flash quickly (3) times, touch (Brown) wire (5) times, confirm blinks (5) times

Grown (Brown) wire (1) time, light will flash quickly (1) time, wait (3) seconds

Light will flash quickly (2) times, touch (Brown) wire (5) times, confirm blinks (5) times

Light will flash quickly (3) times, wait (3) seconds

Unit will now flash quickly. Programming is completed.

• 2 weeks later...

as i was browsing through this thread, i saw that some have posted that the alpine bypass that is preprogrammed on the tr7 will work on this unit. That is if you have app2 radio.

thanks for the info, we are thinking of bringing some of these in.

yes the alpine mode does two things, it provides a positive output (for foot brake) on then off, and it provides a negative output for the hand brake on, off, and back on. so if you just hook the AR up to the hand brake wire, it will give out the "set, release, set" signal of the brake that the AR is looking for. (i haven't verified it myself, but in theory it should work fine, and others have said they have had success)

I ordered an SPH-DA01 through eBay a few days ago and I'm getting it professionally installed locally when it arrives. I want to show up with the correct parts in hand for the parking brake install so I don't look like a total idiot, but I'm getting confused reading everything. I've read through all 14 pages and here's what I want to know clarified:

1. TR7 and TR-7 are the same module, but have different features. The TR-7 is older with 16 features while the TR7 is newer and has features 17-23. (post #73)

2. I need both a TR7 module and relay for AppRadio (SPH-DA01). There is no relay needed for AppRadio2 (SPH-DA100).

3. I can use both parts that post #5 had. (I'm not sure since he linked to a TR-7 module). I won't get feature 17 (or I shouldn't need it?)

4. The timing I should tell my installer is 30-32-34 (handbrake on, off, on, I'm assuming) since AppRadio (SPH-DA01) takes that long to boot.

Thanks

-Dustin

buy a tr7, then buy a relay (dont worry about whether your getting a newer or older model as 99% of places selling them wont know the difference, and since the older one is, well older, its going to be harder and harder to find one. that was more just thrown in there because sooner or later someone with a super old module that bought it used would pop on here...)

then print out the very first post (and probably the second as well because of the small typo) and give it to the installer (if your installer sells TR7's then they should be much more familiar with them...)

then pay for the install, thats it

if they cant figure it out from there, you picked the wrong installer... never return. instead find a shop that can follow a set of directions

there is a reason why one of the moderator's of this site made this thread and choose to title it the "official bypass thread". its because the very first post has every thing you need to get it to work, and work right. if there was incorrect or incomplete information, the moderator would have edited it a long time ago.

why do not you just connect the green to black (ground)?

well that is simple, you either A: do not live in America (discussed earlier), B: have no idea how this unit (or any pioneer model of recent) functions (also covered earlier in this tread), or C: have not read much of any of the last 14 pages.

hell, very well could be all of these...

dont worry, i wont make you waste "15 minutes you'll never get back"

A: that just dosnt work for American units

B: AMERICAN pioneer units need to "see" ground applied, removed, then reapplied AFTER the unit boots up (most models anyway, others may need a second wire moved and grounded)

C: both of the above mentioned issues have been mentioned at least once in this thread, instead of reading the title and just responding thinking we are all just idiots that didn't try that and just like to over complicate things because we are board...