AVIC411.com

App Radio/App Radio 2 Bypass Confirmed!!!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or you could just load the Europe version of the firmware and ground the brake wire. You will loose Pandora on screen because it doesn't work overseas but everything else is fine. I did that to my DA-02. Once you do it you can't go back until Pioneer releases a higher firmware.

Or you could just load the Europe version of the firmware and ground the brake wire. You will loose Pandora on screen because it doesn't work overseas but everything else is fine. I did that to my DA-02. Once you do it you can't go back until Pioneer releases a higher firmware.

That sounds promising.  Do not really care about Pandora.  What European firmware version did you load ?

Including FM ?

Yes that is the correct version. It won't work if you already have the American version of the same firmware loaded. You can't overwrite it. I had 4.14 so it worked. Yes FM still works. You can still listen to pandora but the display will be black on the appradio.

Yes that is the correct version. It won't work if you already have the American version of the same firmware loaded. You can't overwrite it. I had 4.14 so it worked. Yes FM still works. You can still listen to pandora but the display will be black on the appradio.

That's great. Thanks for your help. Last question…probably stupid. What language is the install in? Assuming English is an option.

Thank you for that, I grew tired of trying relays and since I do not use Pandora ever

I decided to upgrade the firmware on my AppRadio 2 to the EU version of 8.30 for use with my iPhone 4s.

I was on 8.17 U.S. firmware which was a single .HAT file.

I installed the file SPH-DA100_MMD_EW_Ver08.30.HAT and did not notice any difference except that the unit was

set in the settings for iPhone 5, so I switched it back to "Other" and then installed the second file

SPH-DA100_SYS_EW_Ver08.30.yuk

That made all of the difference in the world.

I just had to ground the brake wire and go to settings and switch the video source setting to "Other" again.

No more video warning ever, and everything works perfectly including the radio since the firmware has no effect

on the A.M. F.M. functions.

For me, this was the perfect solution.

Thanks for everything.

Rick