AVIC411.com

App Radio/App Radio 2 Bypass Confirmed!!!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do. For me if I hit the app mode button too early after power up it is greyed out. I have to exit then reenter in order for the OK button to be available. I may contact Microbypass and have it replaced.

do you think that it is triggering it too early for the system, or do you think maybe you have a software glitch? or are you thinking that it just might be a intermittently defective bypass?

you said "sometimes", so if you try to go into app mode right away a bunch of times, does it do that (stay grayed out) every time, or just actually only some of the time.   if its all the time, then it probably is a problem with the timing being a little too short, but f it really is only some of the time, then it definitely could be either a bad bypass or a software glitch.

regardless, god I'm glad to have an AVIC with a pain in the ass bypass that just works. why the hell cant we just have the Kenwood/JVC/Sony/Jensen/almost every other brand kind of bypass?!?!?

I believe its triggering too early. If I wait about 10 seconds before hitting the app mode button it will work. If I go to app mode right away its greyed out. I just needed to know if others have the same behavior.

• 1 month later...

The title even says "Better then PAC TR7"

thats marketing. if he said that it was limited and couldn't do 10% of what a TR7 could do, no one would buy it...

it is definitely easier to install, so in that respect it is better, the TR7 is more versatile so it has many more uses than just bypassing a MV/nav system. 

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot get past this stupid screen.  I think the bypass I have is defective.  I just ordered another one.  Almost forgot, I am using an AppRadio2 with 8.30 firmware.

attachicon.gif2013-09-07 19.37.27.jpg

I found the bypass switch was bad.  I installed a toggle switch and it is working just fine now.  I still can't get the touchscreen to work for the phone though.  It mirrors just fine and I can navigate using the phone, but not the stereo.  Any suggestions?  I get the little finger with the x when trying to use the touchscreen.

Do you have the app radio app installed and opened?

If you are referring to the Pioneer App radio app, then no.  I came to understand that it is not required and actually discouraged by arliberator.  I did have the pioneer app installed at one point though along with the carkeyboard app.  Now I just use arliberator.  I've tried with both a droid bionic and a galaxy s4 with the correct mhl cable.  I did a lot of searching and found quite a few people with the same issue.  I really do hope it is something simple I'm missing.  I was thinking about doing a factory restor on the unit and then trying again.  That's about the only thing I didn't do.