AVIC411.com

App Radio/App Radio 2 Bypass Confirmed!!!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i would crank your times up a bit, and it should fix the problem. I dont think that it is so much the timing between each step that is the problem (because when hooked up to an actual hand brake, you can preform the sequence pretty fast and it still work) I think the change in the firmware just need to see the sequence start a little later. which while aggressively long, with the original posts instructions i have seen work fine with the newest* firmware (*I would have to double check on the version # to make sure that it is the newest, as we had to ship all of our stock back to pioneer a little while ago for their recall, and we just started getting them back about two weeks ago)

Just wondering what the need for the PAC TR7 is? I use a standard SPDT relay with the amp turn on wire from the stereo to activate the relay. When the unit turns on that makes it look like I set the parking brake and then I just switch the source on the radio with the steering wheel controls. The radio by default turns off the amp when it changes source and then turns it back on once the source changes; thus getting the cycling of the parking brake that the radio needs. Am I missing something somewhere? I haven't tried it with changing the source with the touch screen so it may not act the same.

I just need to get a car charger for my MHL that can supply enough juice so it doesn't cut out every five seconds. It makes it really hard to listen to pandora or really do anything for that matter.

Just wondering what the need for the PAC TR7 is?

the whole point of this thread from the very first post was to have an AUTOMATIC bypass, as in you dont have to do anything to activate it.

Am I missing something somewhere?
yes in the beginning people where just being lazy or cheap and wiring in a switch to flick on, off, and then back on, and your pretty much doing the same thing except for your waiting for you unit to power up , then your wasting time cycling through all of your sources, when the rest of us can just start the car, drive away and have our passengers do what ever they want with out having to dick around with different things.

so again, if your the lazy, cheap, or just like to dick around kinda of guy, then this thread is not for you, continue dicking around, while the rest of us will work smarter, instead of harder.

No, you have to change the source to get to the App mode anyway . . . you are just wasting money if you install the PAC TR7. I'm sorry if you don't make as much money off a relay as you do off of a PAC TR7. The point of this thread was to let people know how to bypass (name of the thread: "App Radio/App Radio 2 Bypass Confirmed!!!") the parking break set, release, set again requirement. I don't see AUTOMATIC anywhere in the thread description or the first post, dick (sorry to anyone I have offended). This method I've explained works as easy and much cheaper than your method.

Would you use the touch screen and "dick around" with your radio while your driving anyways, I don't and I hope you don't. I'll brake check your ass if I see you doing it, just kidding. That's why I installed the steering wheel controls to roll through the sources, skip songs, change volume, etc. anything on the radio while driving.

Learn some basic manners and know you're not always right. I definitely don't think you're right here . . . but you are entitled to you're own opinion as am I and everyone else that wants to read this thread and find the best way to parking brake bypass their Appradio.

I don't see AUTOMATIC anywhere in the thread description or the first post, dick.

First of all, never refer to another member on this forum, especially the resident installer as a "dick" again.

Second, which unit do you have and which firmware are you on? As far as I know you are the only one with a claim that this type of bypass works so I would certainly like to know more about your setup and what you are able to do on your unit while in motion with your bypass active.

First of all he has the right to be called it when he calls people lazy, cheap and "dick around kinda guy". I apologize for my petty behavior and stooping to his level.

To get back to the matter at hand, I have a:

-2006 GMC Envoy with Onstar and Bose

-SPH-DA100 AppRadio 2 F/W v8.17

-PAC SWI-PS (I'm guessing most people have this installed already or are going to have it installed with an aftermarket stereo)

-SPDT relay

I used the old bypass method for the AVH series radios of using the amp power on signal from the radio to simulate the parking break being set.

I don't know if its a feature of the radio or not but when the source is cycled which I would always do if I'm switching from radio to app mode or pandora it also cycles the app turn on signal. Which gives the radio the second simulated activation of the parking brake. This allows me to enter in to app mode for the available apps in the appradio app and the same for pandora I am in hdmi mirror mode for all other apps (albeit with constant dropping and reconnecting of sound and video because of my limited charging current available for the MHL adapter). I don't know why it would act any different on anyone else's SPH-DA100. Can anyone confirm it acts different on the original AppRadios?

If you need me to I can go and document the exact wiring, however I think its straight forward and a pretty common install scenario that it would have been noticed by now. Let me know if you would like more information.

I have used maps and used google navigation in mirror mode. I think that I only played netflix in mirror mode when I was in the driveway. I'll try to test it tomorrow and report back. I believe it will work fine though because if I can get to the hdmi mirror mode then it should play anything on my screen.

My only issue, but its a fairly big issue is with the constant dropping of the MHL signal which causes the static screen momentarily in mirror mode and the drop of audio for music and voice navigation.

you are just wasting money if you install the PAC TR7. I'm sorry if you don't make as much money off a relay as you do off of a PAC TR7.

well actually, I dont even sell TR7's, I let customers come in with them for certian applications, (most recently, a RV with out a standard parking brake, and a jaguar with an electronic parking brake switch that doesn't have a wire to interface with) while i do sell relays, so actually my shop is losing a little money each time i use one.

The point of this thread was to let people know how to bypass (name of the thread: "App Radio/App Radio 2 Bypass Confirmed!!!") the parking break set, release, set again requirement. I don't see AUTOMATIC anywhere in the thread description or the first post, dick (sorry to anyone I have offended). This method I've explained works as easy and much cheaper than your method.
sorry, again i guess you are new here so I'll take that into consideration, but when we figure out either hardware or software bypasses, the whole point is to make them work as seamless as possible, and making the units bypass them selves without us having to do anything, so i just figured everyone knew automatic was implied.

Would you use the touch screen and "dick around" with your radio while your driving anyways, I don't and I hope you don't

interesting, I never said that i would want to...

...drive away and have our passengers do what ever they want ...

First of all he has the right to be called it when he calls people lazy, cheap and "dick around kinda guy".

your right, but i never did call anyone lazy, cheap, or dick around kinda guys, but i did offer to let anyone know that if they were either cheap (people who oppose anything just because of the price), lazy (the people who just wire in a switch because any real bypass is too much work) or people who just like to dick around (people who have the time to waste with extra steps or switches to be flipping...) this may not be the best option for them because it does cost money, it is a little extra work, and it will work every time with out them having to so anything so they may just be better off continuing what they were already doing.

. . . you are just wasting money if you install the PAC TR7. I'm sorry if you don't make as much money off a relay as you do off of a PAC TR7. . .This method I've explained works as easy and much cheaper than your method. . .

I am surprised that you have a $500 radio, a truck that needs a $100 wire harness, a $50 steering wheel interface, and your so worried about a $18 part?, I some how wouldn't be surprised if you also had at least a couple hundred dollars tied up into your phone.

Learn some basic manners and know you're not always right. I definitely don't think you're right here . . .

yup your right, I'm wrong and using a TR7 will not bypass any app radios, i have been pulling the fleece over all of these suckers for years MMMUUUHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA!