AVIC411.com

App Radio/App Radio 2 Bypass Confirmed!!!

sorry, again i guess you are new here so I'll take that into consideration, but when we figure out either hardware or software bypasses, the whole point is to make them work as seamless as possible, and making the units bypass them selves without us having to do anything, so i just figured everyone knew automatic was implied.

For the SPH-DA100, it is seamless. Like I've explained I try not to mess with the stereo while driving and I'm going to change the source by going from radio to App Mode and Pandora. that gets me the second off/on sequence of the parking brake.

Coming from a AVH series that has to show parking brake off/parking brake on you don't need any additional hardware to implement for the SPH-DA100 so why would you implement another part (PAC TR7) in the system that can fail on people and takes slightly more effort to setup. At first you explain that it should be installed with the relay which is more complicated and cumbersome than using just the relay by itself or the PAC TR7 by itself. You mention that the TR7 should be able to be used by itself but ask someone else to confirm. That seems strange in my book that you wouldn't have already confirmed that since you have all of the associated parts.

interesting, I never said that i would want to...

Yes, so you state you would also change the source with the steering wheel controls so you wouldn't have to take your concentration off the road? That would make my method automatic, wouldn't it?

your right, but i never did call anyone lazy, cheap, or dick around kinda guys, but i did offer to let anyone know that if they were either cheap (people who oppose anything just because of the price), lazy (the people who just wire in a switch because any real bypass is too much work) or people who just like to dick around (people who have the time to waste with extra steps or switches to be flipping...) this may not be the best option for them because it does cost money, it is a little extra work, and it will work every time with out them having to so anything so they may just be better off continuing what they were already doing.

Except the way I've explained works every time and works perfectly on the SPH-DA100 (can't comment on the other AppRadios because I don't have). I'm just trying to help advance the progress of the parking brake bypass. One part whether it is the relay or PAC TR7 is better than both and most people have the relay already if they've come from a recent Pioneer radio install.

I am surprised that you have a $500 radio, a truck that needs a $100 wire harness, a $50 steering wheel interface and your so worried about a $18 part?, I some how wouldn't be surprised if you also had at least a couple hundred dollars tied up into your phone.

Its funny the only price you listed that is correct is the PAC TR7. Where are you getting your parts, Crutchfield? Going rate for the stereo: $250-350, Bose/Onstar harnes: $50 (edit: I apologize, I have GMOS-04 and I see they have increased in price a lot in two years time), PAC SWI-PS: $30. Again what does it matter what I paid for any of this if my method works as easy as the one in the original post?

yup your right, I'm wrong and using a TR7 will not bypass any app radios, i have been pulling the fleece over all of these suckers for years MMMUUUHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA!

I didn't say that and you know it. I said you were making the system more complicated and expensive than it needed to be.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't say that and you know it. I said you were making the system more complicated and expensive than it needed to be.

i prefer the relay+pac tr7 just because i dont have to do anything and it will automatically bypass the brake. i dont switch from mode to mode i just go into ipod, or into app mode if i choose to go into that for maps or other apps.

for the da100 you dont need the relay and can just use the tr7 with mode 17.

while to you your way is more convenient, that isnt the case for everyone and there really isnt any need to argue about this.

Yes the argument and pissing match needs to be over. @yugmus: Im still not convinced you even are aware you may be locked out once you begin to view video while in motion because you haven't answered my question. Do that and let us know. If you can do everything with your method then we will update this thread with your findings as we have with the TR7, TR7 with relay, and microbypass. The TR7 with relay was required earlier on a couple of firmware versions back but apparently at least with firmware version 8.15 the relay portion is no longer needed. Also just be aware the TR7 at this point is the only bypass method that is reprogrammable in some way to circumvent any changes Pioneer make in future firmware to circumvent the bypass methods we are achieving.

I confirmed this morning I could watch videos (through car media player) and access maps (maps) while in motion . . . and you had no faith :). I get the new usb car charger today so I hope my MHL connection gets a lot better. It worked much better this morning than it has in the past, but I think it was because the phone was fully charged and not asking for much current so it provided enough current to the mhl adapter most of the time while using it.

• 4 weeks later...

im installing the sph-da02 in my wifes car....i bought a tr7-pro to do the bypass, but it programs much different than the regular version.... does anybody have any info on how to program this unit ? ive tried searching the forum as well as youtube....and im just coming up short. :-/ any help is very much appreciated.

im installing the sph-da02 in my wifes car....i bought a tr7-pro to do the bypass, but it programs much different than the regular version.... does anybody have any info on how to program this unit ? ive tried searching the forum as well as youtube....and im just coming up short. :-/ any help is very much appreciated.

i believe you use a computer to program the pro via usb, just from the pictures ive seen and little ive read.

ive reprogrammed my tr7 to times of 30-32-34 and it works very well with my sph-da01, didnt work with the first screen where you choose language after you reset because the stereo isnt initialized yet but every time since its been good

I Have the old TR-7

I called PAC today and they informed me that i could indeed use mode 17

They even supplied me with this document on how to program it

My question is....

The document he supplied showed an extra SPDT relay used in conjunction with the TR-7 similar to what was listed on page 1 of this thread.

I wired it up without the relay as stated above and I was unable to get it to work

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

The document he supplied showed an extra SPDT relay used in conjunction with the TR-7 similar to what was listed on page 1 of this thread.

I wired it up without the relay as stated above and I was unable to get it to work

Any ideas?

so you omitted part of the instructions and you cant figure out why it wont work?

my advice, follow the directions from the first post exactly, and enjoy a bypassed unit.

• 3 weeks later...

Hooked up the TR-7 today and set it for mode 17. Does what it should - I was watching Top Gear videos via the YouTube app.

What sucks the ol' donkey meatstick is that I can't use the AppRadio screen for touch screen control of non-AppRadio apps! I just get that lame "pointed finger with an X over it" icon for a second. How can Pioneer create something, such as a touch screen headunit with a handbreak safety feature, but STILL require someone to NOT USE THE TOUCH SCREEN WHEN THE HANDBRAKE IS ENGAGED?! Why do they make us look away from their product, pickup the phone and use its screen to control functionality?! That has to be one of the best examples of a poor design for a product team to incorporate into their product.

Wow, 24 bucks for an app to touch my screen - AND I have to root the phone?! I think I'd rather whine at Pioneer until they get it right! :)

Pioneer will never get it right. Certain things don't work because Pioneer doesn't allow them to work. They're afraid of getting sued.

damn son, from one LS owner to another, i feel for you!

they took your climate controls too?

on a good side, your leather looks pretty goo for a 1st gen!

this method will definitely work for it, buy i dont know if it is required, some of the AVH models just need to see ground after powering up (a relay triggered off of amp turn on will do on a lot of those models)