AVIC411.com

App Radio/App Radio 2 Bypass Confirmed!!!

damn son, from one LS owner to another, i feel for you!

they took your climate controls too?

on a good side, your leather looks pretty goo for a 1st gen!

this method will definitely work for it, buy i dont know if it is required, some of the AVH models just need to see ground after powering up (a relay triggered off of amp turn on will do on a lot of those models)

yeah, the climate controls were attached to the dash kit for the stereo, so they just smashed and grabbed, got my alpine amp from the trunk too.

when i googled it looked like there were a bunch of micro bypasses for that unit or using a relay, so since i still have the tr7 and relay in there figure id just keep it in.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

i'm sorry i at these, my english is not so good, but i need help with my appradio2, i bought an pac tr7 and i don't understand who to setup the feature 12, i really don't understand what have to do, please i need help

this is my the pac tr7

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-TR7-Universal-Trigger-Module/dp/B0002J22BO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351876756&sr=8-1&keywords=pac+tr7

and the standart relay, i only confuse with the seaturing 12 setup. thanks for your help

i'm sorry i at these, my english is not so good, but i need help with my appradio2, i bought an pac tr7 and i don't understand who to setup the feature 12, i really don't understand what have to do, please i need help

this is my the pac tr7

http://www.amazon.co...eywords=pac tr7

and the standart relay, i only confuse with the seaturing 12 setup. thanks for your help

connect red wire from tr7 to accessory, connect black wire to ground, then use brown wire to program the tr7. you touch the brown wire to metal and the tr7 will light up, do this 12 times for mode 12 and then there is further programming to be done

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/34594-app-radioapp-radio-2-bypass-confirmed/page__st__30#entry251323

connect red wire from tr7 to accessory, connect black wire to ground, then use brown wire to program the tr7. you touch the brown wire to metal and the tr7 will light up, do this 12 times for mode 12 and then there is further programming to be done

http://avic411.com/i..._30#entry251323

thank you very much man

i understand allmost everything but when i setup the time i need to pulse each wire? for example i need pulse the blue wire 4 times for 40 seconds? or how?, i cant setup for less seconds, 2 o 3 i don't know something like that :)

thank you very much man

i understand allmost everything but when i setup the time i need to pulse each wire? for example i need pulse the blue wire 4 times for 40 seconds? or how?, i cant setup for less seconds, 2 o 3 i don't know something like that :)

nope, only the brown wire is used for programming, to set for seconds it will flash 1 time for minutes, do not pulse, it will flash 2 times for 10 seconds each, do not pulse, then it will flash 3 times for seconds place, then pulse the amount of seconds you wish to use.

if you have an appradio 1 you need to use at least 30 seconds due to the boot up time, i had changed my times to 30-32-34 and that worked for me on mine (although the first time it didnt due to longer start up time when i had to select language it worked fine after that)

I admittedly did not read through all 12 pages of this thread so I may be sharing something that you guys already know but I just had to since the method here seems to be WAY more difficult than what has been working flawlessly on my AVH-P8400BH for 3 months now. I bought a $20 bypass off of Amazon when I bought my radio. Here's the link to the exact one that I purchased: http://www.amazon.co..._M2C_SC_3p_dp_1. My apologies in advance if this is not appropriate to post here but it seems like some of you may want to know if there was an easier solution to this available.

if you would have read the 12 pages, you would have seen us talk about those.

while those would work as discussed earlier, pioneer has made changes in the past through their updates that change how the bypass needs to work.

while that bypass method may work fine for now, there is no guarantee that it will always work. so for those who can not handle advance modules, that would probably be good enough (for now at least) but by using a programmable module, you can always reprogram it in the future if needed.

• 2 weeks later...

I used the following wiring from jhanson999 and left the TR-7 set at the default (2 - Alpine) with the AppRadio 2 and it works fine, no programming needed. I've started the car up about 15 times and it did fail once, possibly due to a timing issue of when I clicked the initial OK or some other reason. I also haven't updated to the latest firmware, 8.17. I'll do that sometime this week and report back how that works out.

As a side note, I also used the iDataLink Maestro for steering wheel controls (on a 2011 Hyundai Sonata) and it worked very well and was easy to program via their web-based software while hooked up to the computer. It allows you to remap all steering wheel buttons to functions supported by your particular radio and assign secondary functions for holding a button down, which is nice since the Sonata doesn't have a mute or play/pause button on the steering wheel for some reason. It does cost about twice as much as the other two primary devices though. You could leave a USB cable connected to the device when installed and stowed out of the way for future reprogramming if desired. I decided not to do that with mine and kinda regret it now as I'd like to modify my mappings a little.

Changing out the factory radio on the 2011+ Sonata is a royal PITA. The new Scosche mounting kit fits and looks good though.

How I did mine: tr7_wiring.jpg

As a follow-up my install still works fine with 8.17 installed on the head unit. I'm up to about 25 starts now with still only one failure of the bypass in this configuration.

I used the following wiring from jhanson999 and left the TR-7 set at the default (2 - Alpine) with the AppRadio 2 and it works fine, no programming needed. I've started the car up about 15 times and it did fail once, possibly due to a timing issue of when I clicked the initial OK or some other reason. I also haven't updated to the latest firmware, 8.17. I'll do that sometime this week and report back how that works out.

As a side note, I also used the iDataLink Maestro for steering wheel controls (on a 2011 Hyundai Sonata) and it worked very well and was easy to program via their web-based software while hooked up to the computer. It allows you to remap all steering wheel buttons to functions supported by your particular radio and assign secondary functions for holding a button down, which is nice since the Sonata doesn't have a mute or play/pause button on the steering wheel for some reason. It does cost about twice as much as the other two primary devices though. You could leave a USB cable connected to the device when installed and stowed out of the way for future reprogramming if desired. I decided not to do that with mine and kinda regret it now as I'd like to modify my mappings a little.

Changing out the factory radio on the 2011+ Sonata is a royal PITA. The new Scosche mounting kit fits and looks good though.

• 2 weeks later...

First off - thanks to all of you on this thread as I've been spent a lot of time on google before I came across it ;-)

I have an SPH-DA02 that I am planning on installing this weekend. I have a couple of questions I'm hoping you guys can help answer.

1) What specific functionality do I lose if I just wire it up to the Parking Brake Wire? I don't really plan on using YouTube, etc. while driving

2) Is the TR7 with a standard relay as described in the initial post on page 1 the route to go if I do decide to bypass?

3) Are there any advantages to using the TR7-Pro vs. the TR7? It is my understanding the TR7-Pro comes with some preset for Pioneer, will this work for the SPH-DA02?

Thanks again -

1) access to certian feature when the P brake is not set.

2) that question has been debated over the last 12 pages, read through it, and choose the method you feel comfortable with, every pro and con has been talked about.

3) the pro can be programmed via USB on a computer.

1) access to certian feature when the P brake is not set.

2) that question has been debated over the last 12 pages, read through it, and choose the method you feel comfortable with, every pro and con has been talked about.

3) the pro can be programmed via USB on a computer.

Thanks for the information, much appreciated -