AVIC411.com

App Radio/App Radio 2 Bypass Confirmed!!!

Does this wiring look correct? Several posts have suggested red to constant and green to ACC....

Relay:

85 - Blue wire on the TR-7

86 - White and Orange wire from the TR-7

87 - Tied to 86 on the Relay

30 - Green/White (Parking Break) wire on the Pioneer Control Line Wiring Harness

TR-7:

Red - Yellow Wire (Constant Power) on Vehicle Wiring Harness

Black - Black Wire (Ground) on Vehicle Wiring Harness

Green - Red Wire on (ACC Power) on Vehicle Wiring Harness

Orange - 86 & 87 on the Relay

White - 86 & 87 on the Relay

Blue - 85 on the Relay

APPRADIO_TR-7_RELAY_WIRING.JPG?psid=1

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does this wiring look correct? Several posts have suggested red to constant and green to ACC....

Relay:

85 - Blue wire on the TR-7

86 - White and Orange wire from the TR-7

87 - Tied to 86 on the Relay

30 - Green/White (Parking Break) wire on the Pioneer Control Line Wiring Harness

TR-7:

Red - Yellow Wire (Constant Power) on Vehicle Wiring Harness

Black - Black Wire (Ground) on Vehicle Wiring Harness

Green - Red Wire on (ACC Power) on Vehicle Wiring Harness

Orange - 86 & 87 on the Relay

White - 86 & 87 on the Relay

Blue - 85 on the Relay

APPRADIO_TR-7_RELAY_WIRING.JPG?psid=1

Wired it up this afternoon - works like a champ! Thanks again to everyone on this thread for sharing the info!

• 2 weeks later...

Can any one confirm what works with the DA02? Ive read every thing on this thread and I have not heard a confirmation of what works. It just really hard to figure out, people I have talked to online so far have told me that there is a way to bypass the original Appradio and the Appradio 2, but there is no way to bypass mine, and from what I can tell it works the same way the Appradio 2 does. But all the people that sell these different bypasses argue with me saying that the fix for the Appradio 2 will absolutley not work and I bought the fix for the Appradio 1 and of course that didnt work so I contacted the guy that I got it from and that guy told me I have an Appradio 2? any help would be great!

The label on the back of the headunit will tell you what you have. SPH DA01(Appradio 1), SPH DA02(Appradio 1.5?), and SPH DA100(Appradio 2). After reading the operating manuals and installation manuals for all 3 units, I can't see why the autobypass, especially the programmable one won't work. All 3 call for applying, releasing, and then reapplying the parking brake, and all 3 require the green wire to be hooked to the power side of the parking brake switch, which makes sure the switch works as a ground on/off for the appradio's green wire. I'm talking about U.S. models. Non U.S. models just require the green wire to be grounded.

Just curious, what fix did you purchase?

I bought one that was just a 3 wire relay so it only does one pulse, the eBay auction says it is for appradio 1, but won't work with appradio 2. I'm having to wait till I hear the relay click, which is right after I hit the allow button on my phone and then turn my ignition switch off and back on again to make it work. Thanks for any help, because I'm thinking I may just have to go hook up a switch if I can't figure this out. I just don't want to buy another fix if its just going to let me down. Here is a link to the one I bought, the seller has changed the description on it since I bought it, originally it just said it was for appradio and not appradio 2. http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=121038535164

I bought this one from ebay which stated that it was guaranteed to work on the appradio 2, but not the appradio 1. Fingers crossed, it hasn't failed me yet. I am not going to upgrade Pioneer firmware for fear this is one thing they can mess with. My setup is almost plug and play and I really don't have anything more I want out of my appradio.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Pioneer-SPH-DA100-AppRadio2-appradio-2-Parking-Brake-Auto-Bypass-TR7-PAC-/150863589165?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23202baf2d

Can any one confirm what works with the DA02? Ive read every thing on this thread and I have not heard a confirmation of what works. It just really hard to figure out, people I have talked to online so far have told me that there is a way to bypass the original Appradio and the Appradio 2, but there is no way to bypass mine, and from what I can tell it works the same way the Appradio 2 does. But all the people that sell these different bypasses argue with me saying that the fix for the Appradio 2 will absolutley not work and I bought the fix for the Appradio 1 and of course that didnt work so I contacted the guy that I got it from and that guy told me I have an Appradio 2? any help would be great!

The model I have is a SPH-DA02 vs the AppRadio 2 which most on the thread appear to be using. My previous post showing the wiring for the TR-7 and the relay is still working well for me -

I also have an SPH-DA02 and I programmed and wired the TR7 to feature 17 but only works when I turn my ignition on/off a few times, I know it's programmed properly since I used to work with these quit a bit in the past when I was installing

Tommyb9999 did you use feature 12? 3,5,7 secs? Thanks in advance!

yesterday i installed my sph-dao2 in my 2012 jeep grand cherokee. i also purchased the TR7 and relay listed on the first page. i programmed the TR7 correctly to feature 12 since i have worked with them before and started the engine a couple of times and heard no clicking coming from the fuse. i originally hooked the red wire off of the TR7 to the yellow or constant wire on the vehicle wiring harness and the green wire off the TR7 to the red or acc wire as indicated on diagram on page 3 of the thread. then i tried red wire on TR7 to acc and green on TR7 to remote and it started to work. just wondering why it wasnt working the original way i had it set up. it puzzled me for awhile and maybe this could clear some things up for others that may have the same problem.

How I did mine: tr7_wiring.jpg

Then for programming:

1. Have only the red and black wires of the pac connected.

2. Turn car on or to accessory power.

3. Move the programming switch to ON.

4. Ground the brown wire 17 times.

5. Wait 3 seconds and ensure the light on the pac flashes 17 times.

6. Ground the brown wire 1 time to enter timing mode.

7. Wait 3 seconds for minutes timeout, light will flash.

8. Wait 3 seconds for tens place timeout, light will flash.

9. Ground the brown wire 3 times.

10. Wait 3 seconds and ensure pac flashes 3 times, then goes to fast flash.

11. Move programming switch to OFF.

12. Turn vehicle off.

13. Reconnect/connect the blue wire from TR7 to parking brake wire, green wire from TR7 to accessory power.

14. Profit!

Worked perfect!

I'll confirm, as others have, that mode 2 works just as well as mode 17 on v8.17 firmware.

I've had my SPH-DA100 in the car a full week now and have had zero problems with the TR7/bypass