AVIC411.com

App Radio/App Radio 2 Bypass Confirmed!!!

Hello, I have not got my unit yet , it will be installed here in the UK by Halfords on sunday, so at the  moment I know nothing about the unit. From what I understand this thread it about being able to view video while the car is in motion. Is it only video that does not work when the car is moving or are there other functions that will not work. I admit I have not read all 18 pages of this thread but understand that the bypass is a hardware bypass and not a software bypass? Or is there an easier way ie software?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello, I have not got my unit yet , it will be installed here in the UK by Halfords on sunday, so at the  moment I know nothing about the unit. From what I understand this thread it about being able to view video while the car is in motion. Is it only video that does not work when the car is moving or are there other functions that will not work. I admit I have not read all 18 pages of this thread but understand that the bypass is a hardware bypass and not a software bypass? Or is there an easier way ie software?

UK units (and I think all non-US units but don't quote me on that) can be bypassed by simply grounding the handbrake wire.  This can be done by attaching it for example to the cage or the radio itself.  Nice and easy!

Hmmm I am told that the retail outlet has to be fit it properly by law, I assume that this handbreak wire comes with the radio? And many thanks for your help :)

Even if they fit the wire correctly, you should be able to bypass it without delving into handbrake housing or cutting wires. Instead, use one of these:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_156146_langId_-1_categoryId_255229

Fit the handbrake wire through one half of it, fit any old scrap wire through the other half and attach this scrap wire to ground. You can probably tell I'm not a professional fitter but I've done the same on mine (albeit without the wire being connected to the handbrake wire).

I'm sure if you asked the bloke in Halfords, he'd probably do it for you.

Even if they fit the wire correctly, you should be able to bypass it without delving into handbrake housing or cutting wires. Instead, use one of these:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_156146_langId_-1_categoryId_255229

Fit the handbrake wire through one half of it, fit any old scrap wire through the other half and attach this scrap wire to ground. You can probably tell I'm not a professional fitter but I've done the same on mine (albeit without the wire being connected to the handbrake wire).

I'm sure if you asked the bloke in Halfords, he'd probably do it for you.

Just have him hook the parking brake wire from the HU to the HU ground wire. UK doesn't require the parking brake wire to be attached to the parking brake.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes that is the correct version. It won't work if you already have the American version of the same firmware loaded. You can't overwrite it. I had 4.14 so it worked. Yes FM still works. You can still listen to pandora but the display will be black on the appradio.

Are you sure about that? I have US 4.16 and i want UE 4.16...is there any way to downgrade to 4.14 and then upgrade to UE 4.16? Or any other way to put UE 4.16?

Are you sure about that? I have US 4.16 and i want UE 4.16...is there any way to downgrade to 4.14 and then upgrade to UE 4.16? Or any other way to put UE 4.16?

Once you have a version of 4.16 you can't change it to another 4.16. It says it is already updated. If you can find a lower version let us all know. Good luck

halfords uk fitted mine yesterday and sent the handbrake wire to the back of the unit, grounding it, no need for any bypass

yes, thank you. it has been covered about 7 or 8 times in this thread so far that euro units do not need a bypass...

Is it possible in any way shape or form, for a micro bypass to affect Bluetooth calling?  My DA100 has HORRIBLE reception (Bad static, and echoing)  and I'm trying to narrow down the culprit.  I've exchanged the deck for a new one, same problem... I'm thinking it could be my phone (GS3), or the micro bypass... any ideas would be great, thanks! 

• 4 weeks later...

For what its worth I am using the Microbypass and it works without issue. For twenty bucks without having to use a potentially complicated programing proceeder it cant be beat. And according to the guy that runs this company, he is contracted by Pioneer to provide all the bypasses for their units at trade shows and gets the bypass info straight from them. He also offers a 5 year guarantee so if they do change something in firmware that renders the bypass useless he will replace it with an updated one for free.

could you post the link where you got it I'm going to go with the microbypass too y have a SPH-DA100

nevermind I found it