AVIC411.com

D1 to X940BT wiring differences, done

I just upgraded from my old D1 to a X940BT. I was kinda hoping that the harnesses were the same, but alas, they were not. Both the RCA harness and the power harness have different plugs for no apparent reason, so you will need to swap all the wires. The GPS plug is also inexplicably different. Thankfully, you can pull the pin out from the old GPS connector and use the new connector, it slips directly in. I was almost about to tear it all apart to swap the whole cable/antenna. Lastly, the subwoofer plugs directly into the unit now instead of the pigtails.

The X940BT bypass is different from the old one I think - can't remember. But I thought on the D1 you needed to unfuse something on the board.

The dimensions of the bezel were the same thankfully, since I have the D1 bezel grafted into the dash board and it cannot be removed.

Anyway, relatively easy swap. It just didn't seem necessary - I guess they ran out of the old connectors, who knows.

Ordered the WRI-P adapter to use my D1 remote, and also the LARGER black knob that is sold here by Thomas.

Derek

I just performed the same upgrade.

Thanks a ton for the tip on the GPS Connector. I was able to do the same thing, just needed a small flat head screwdriver to get it out easy.

The bypass for the x940bt was easy too, just followed that youtube video of the guy using a resistor to unlock the mute wire pin.

I just performed the same upgrade.

Thanks a ton for the tip on the GPS Connector. I was able to do the same thing, just needed a small flat head screwdriver to get it out easy.

The bypass for the x940bt was easy too, just followed that youtube video of the guy using a resistor to unlock the mute wire pin.

That GPS thing was making me mad - why change the connector? Guess new supplier, but thankfully it was easy to swap. And I used a staple from that other video to get the mute wire out - the bypass seems to work well. Glad they made it easy.

I am adding the PAC remote control sensor to this unit. Not sure why they think a remote is not necessary anymore. For volume and track skipping, the remote is way easier then trying to hit those buttons while my truck is bouncing around the road.

I use the PAC steering wheel control, thankfully that remained the same. So I have the Volume Up/Down, Track Skipper, Mode switch on the wheel. The only thing that sucks with the steering control is, when it's in radio mode, it doesn't cycle through your set channels, it actually just scans to the next available frequency.