AVIC411.com

AVIC D1 does not open for CD or tilt for Angle

I just had my transmission rebuilt on my car, when I got it back the tranny was working great, but the AVIC D1 was basically reset back to factory defaults? The other odd thing, was that the "OPEN" button on the outside edge of the unit... that tips the display down to expose the CD slot is not working. It beeps when I press it, but it does not open. Also the "ANGLE" button, just below the open button, also does not work. It normally tilts the display screen to about 5 different angles for better viewing. It seems that all of the other buttons and functions seem to work ok.

I powered it on and off, held the reset button in for 10 seconds, but all that did was reset all of the settings back to factory defaults. The open and angle buttons still do not work?

Even when I go into see all what input facilities are available: Radio, AV1, EXT1. However, CD is dimmed out? I am pretty sure that I left a CD in there before!

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Brent.

Ok, don't everyone chime in all at the same time!!! LOL ... fixed it myself! I was wondering if all that it needed was a reset. So I tried pushing on the small little pin sized "Rest" button near the "Source" button. Certainly that reset all of my setting back to factory defaults, which is a bit of a pita... but it did not fix the open-door problem. So I thought to myself that maybe it needs a bit more then a reset button to really "reset" it. So I removed it from its in-dash mount, and unplugged all of the plugs from the back, probably only needed to remove the one that provides power, but anyways, I put it back in 15 minutes later and viola, the door now opens once again! FIXED!