AVIC411.com

Switch from F90bt to x930bt

I currently have an f90bt. I have had the same problems that has plagued most other f90bt owners. Mostly the screen is not very responsive. I was thinking of getting an x930bt. Are there any major / common problems that i should be aware of? Doing a quick search through the forum it seems to be a solid nav. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

I just upgraded from the f90bt to the x940bt and though the RCA harness is completely different, you can use the connector from the f90bt with a little effort. It will save a lot of effort from trying to swap them from the minor differences especially of if you soldered and heat shrunk all the speaker wires like i did. So what are the differences:

1) There is only one blue/white wire that will connect to both to the antenna relay AND any remote power switch controllers (like an amp). On the F90 these were separate, one on the RCA connector and the other on the Power so you will lose one. Called pioneer on this and they said to use the one wire and connect it to the antenna and any power switch.

2) The sub RCA connectors are now on the unit vice the RCA connector. So now all that i use on the RCA connector is the rear view camera and the mute wire for the by-pass.

One or two of the names might be different for the wires but they are similar and easy to figure out. I recommend using the F90BT power connector to simplify the swap, honestly. GPS, Mic, SWC, IP-bus, antenna, are all the same.

Thought I'd throw my 2 cents into the ring.

Thanks for the feed back. I have done a few mods to the f90bt and installed the latest update for the software, but is there a mod/hack that improves screen responsiveness?

I was hoping the wiring harnesses were the same, infact I was so sure they would be I was just going to plug the unit in. I am glad you pointed that out.

• 4 months later...