AVIC411.com

p8400 video playing

I recently purchased an 8400 with the bypass and cable cd-iu201s. I also own a z120bt and noticed when I play music videos through the 120 from ipod it will play them right through the 120 video menu, where as the 8400 you have to switch to av then only play the through the ipod menu. Is there a way to play them through the 8400 video menu?

Thanks

Xvid is basically divx. You should be ok there.

Check the appendix for your units manual.

I have an 8400 and I found after a lot of trial and error the best settings at least for me were:

800x480 MP4 MPEG ( not h.264) with AAC audio.

My unit says if can play h.264 1280x720p but I have yet to accomplish this yet.

The 800x480 gives the closest ratio that fits the screen with only a tiny bit of black edge.

I use this mostly for music video I rip from YouTube.

With the P8400 I was able to use the IPOD/USB1 input to toggle from music to video. Just press the magnifying glass search icon and the very root level at the left has a button for music or video.

This worked better for me on iOS5.0.1. Since being on 5.1.1 I've had bugger results.

Hope that helps. But SD card is the best. I have to agree.

Hi, I use Jaksta. http://www.jaksta.com

It'll download the FLV and convert (if you want it to) all in one step. And you can queue up a bunch of videos real easy and fast. I bought a $30 license to be able to download non YouTube streams too.

Anyhow, I played with a lot of the encoding options, and tested a bunch on SD to my AVH-P8400 and I found the best encoding in Jaksta was:

Archos (MP4 MPEG, 800x480, AAC audio).

The xvid and divx options work too, but the above gave the highest quality and best ratio to fit the 7" screen of my HU.

Those are my findings anyhow. I can't get a 720p video to play yet.

Also the new mp4 Scene HDTV caps don't seem to work for me either (non 720p versions). Which I thought was odd. The old xvid format plays fine.

Hope this helps!