AVIC411.com

AVH-P8400BH Hard drive

You likely will have the same issue and there is a file limit for the unit so you will likely never even get close to taking advantage of such a big drive. Honestly your wasting your time with an HDD as opposed to a USB stick or SD card. A high capacity iPod is the best solution.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Try formatting hard drive with FAT or with FAT 32 file system. I am currently using 160 GB Laptop hard drive mounted onExternal Hard Drive Enclosure with AVH 8400 BH with out any issues. Most of the data on HDD are movies around 45-50 GB and they run with out any delays or lags and I songs around 1 GB and no issues with the songs either. I am using the HDD enclosure by Kingston which I got when I purchased Solid State Hard Drive for my laptop which is made by Kingston.

Further to above initially I formatted the hard drive with NTFS File System and then the AVH-8400 BH was unable to recognize the HDD and then I formatted it with FAT File System and after this its working like a charm.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i have a 120 gig ipod on mine and my unit causes it to crash almost daily. never had this problem with anything else, but this unit has been causing me to have to reset the ipod daily. annoying.

anyone else have that happened to them? i saw some posts elsewhere on the internet so i know im not the only one

• 2 weeks later...

I have figured out that it won't take the folder.jpg files as albumart from usb/sd card.

if the albumart is embedded in the file, it gets loaded properly.

as for limitations:

it is clearly written in the manual there is only a limitation on amount of files.

15.000 files, 700 folders for video, 3.000 folders for music.(see page 78)

• 8 months later...

Would you guys please be so kind to explain more specific on how to do that ? 

I am trying to make my F40BT show albumart when playing MP3's from USB or SD, 

But so far, no luck.

I embedded the album art in the MP3 files with Foobar. Other devices in have, like my

phone or PC, show the albumart, but the F40BT does not. 

Anything specific I need to do to get it to work ?