AVIC411.com

I just preordered the galaxy s3 for sprint to replace my galaxy s2 that's working great with the appradio 2. I just read online that they changed the MHL pinout, and it doesn't work with regular MHL adapters and requires a special one. Can anyone confirm if the galaxy s3 works with the pioneer adapter I just possibly wasted $100 on?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just preordered the galaxy s3 for sprint to replace my galaxy s2 that's working great with the appradio 2. I just read online that they changed the MHL pinout, and it doesn't work with regular MHL adapters and requires a special one. Can anyone confirm if the galaxy s3 works with the pioneer adapter I just possibly wasted $100 on?

You might be in trouble... The pioneer adaptor would be for a normal mhl devices. What you would need is an official samsung g3 mhl cable, at least until someone else out there was to make one.

• 2 weeks later...

I love it. The bigger screen is very nice, the battery life finally makes the phone usable for more than a day and factory ICS is much better than the roms i've been running. I'm coming from a galaxy s2, but a buddy of mine here at work has the evo lte too. He likes the phone but is still debating on switching to the galaxy s3 as well. I'd recommend it. Before my galaxy s2 I had about 10 HTC phones going all the way back to the apache 6700 running windows mobile and ending on the evo 3d. I still really like HTC, but I've really started to like samsung products much more.

Finally got my s3 mhl adapter in after a week and got it hooked up. Galaxy s3 works great with the appradio2 for all who may be thinking about getting this phone. Just make sure you get the correct mhl adapter as the pioneer one doesn't work!

I've got a question for you. Is your S3 prompting you for the bluetooth connection every time you start the car?

What happens when I start the car:

AppRadio boots up quickly. 20-40 seconds after I start the car I get prompted to allow the bluetooth connection on my S2 LTE (Skyrocket) and now on my new S3. This prompt will sometimes only display for one second before disappearing. If it disappears I have to manually connect my phone to the deck either through the bluetooth menu on the phone, or through the phone menu on the deck (again hoping that I catch the bluetooth permission prompt in time). It's driving me insane!

I've got a question for you. Is your S3 prompting you for the bluetooth connection every time you start the car?

What happens when I start the car:

AppRadio boots up quickly. 20-40 seconds after I start the car I get prompted to allow the bluetooth connection on my S2 LTE (Skyrocket) and now on my new S3. This prompt will sometimes only display for one second before disappearing. If it disappears I have to manually connect my phone to the deck either through the bluetooth menu on the phone, or through the phone menu on the deck (again hoping that I catch the bluetooth permission prompt in time). It's driving me insane!

Yeah, I get the same annoying bluetooth pairing request everytime. I've scripted around it using tasker. Heres what I have:

TASK 1: "Pairing Request" - Event -> UI -> New Window: Label: Bluetooth pairing request, Window Type: Dialog

Actions:

1) Input -> Dpad -> Button Down Repeat 2 Times

2) Input -> Dpad -> Button Right 1 Time

3) Input -> Dpad -> Button Press 1 Time

4) Variable -> Variable Set -> Name: %AcceptBluetooth To: true

TASK 2: "Bluetooth Accepted" - Event -> Variable -> Variable Changed, Variable: %AcceptBluetooth Value: true

Actions:

1) App -> Load App -> AppRadio

2) Display -> Auto Brightness -> Set: Off

3) Display -> Display Brightness -> Level 0

4) Task -> Wait, 10 Seconds

5) App -> Load App -> AppRadio