AVIC411.com

Well on my GS3 running JB I should have said so its unofficial. But the BT paired and stuck everytime. When I plugged in the HDMI it acted as though nothing happend.

I don't quite understand what you're saying. Do you get audio out of HDMI? and does jellybean work? I'm guessing you're using a modified ROM on your S3 like AOKP or CM10 to get jellybean. My point is that I'm wondering if I should upgrade to CM10 and will that mean I lose all functional audio output from the HDMI/MHL link.

and by BT stuck, do you mean you don't have to press "okay" when it asks you to pair it when you get in the vehicle?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm running CM10 and yes, bluetooth connects without issues like in ICS where you have to "accept" it every time. However, MHL/HDMI is not yet supported, so you get no audio or video.... so it's useless at this point. CM10 will likely be a fantastic option once they add mhl support in a later release, but as for now it's not usable with the appradio.

I don't quite understand what you're saying. Do you get audio out of HDMI? and does jellybean work? I'm guessing you're using a modified ROM on your S3 like AOKP or CM10 to get jellybean. My point is that I'm wondering if I should upgrade to CM10 and will that mean I lose all functional audio output from the HDMI/MHL link.

and by BT stuck, do you mean you don't have to press "okay" when it asks you to pair it when you get in the vehicle?

I'm running CM10 and yes, bluetooth connects without issues like in ICS where you have to "accept" it every time. However, MHL/HDMI is not yet supported, so you get no audio or video.... so it's useless at this point. CM10 will likely be a fantastic option once they add mhl support in a later release, but as for now it's not usable with the appradio.

oh so this is a CM10 issue which doesn't support MHL output yet? I'm guessing they'll be releasing a new update soon, it's been a week'n a half.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my s3 mhl adapter in after a week and got it hooked up. Galaxy s3 works great with the appradio2 for all who may be thinking about getting this phone. Just make sure you get the correct mhl adapter as the pioneer one doesn't work!

Just to confirm , did you get one of these offical hdmi/mhl adaptors with a stock hdmi lead ?

http://www.clove.co.uk/samsung-galaxy-s3-mhlhdmi-adaptor

Also does it keep your phone charged up , I've read post that say the charge is not enough to run the phone and charge at the same time ?

Thanks.

Yes you need to use the official adapter. I have both the full mhl adapter and the adapter time that will allow you to use an older adapter and both work well.

Mine charges the phone as well. Make sure you're using a decent charger that puts out at least 1 amp.

Yes you need to use the official adapter. I have both the full mhl adapter and the adapter time that will allow you to use an older adapter and both work well.

Mine charges the phone as well. Make sure you're using a decent charger that puts out at least 1 amp.

Thanks for the confirmation. I cant wait to get my unit in.

A bit off topic, but do any of you guys experience cut off pixels on the left and right edges of the screen when you hook it up to your TV? It does on my Sony 32" XBR4 (720p), and I can't figure out why since I'm on the full screen setting on the TV. I am assuming it works properly on the AppRadio 2 since it resizes the image anyway.

Hi to all,

I have read the entire post and i have some dudes.

I'm going to acquire a Z140BH and i got a Galaxy S3... I know that this is not the AppRadio2, but I think that problemwould be similar in both models, because I want to connect them to use the Z140BH AppRadio mode..

Please, can someone tell me what do i need to connect both, for using for example appRadio???

I don´t know if I have to buy the "Android Connection Kit" , or if it could be enough with the "Samsung Galaxy S3 MHL/HDMI Adaptor"... Or if I have to buy both...

Thank you so much ;).

• 1 month later...