AVIC411.com

Controlling apps via iphone bluetooth on an avic-z140bh?

Has anyone been able to control the pandora and aha radio apps through bluetooth? For some reason, my iphone won't connect when I try to use those apps on the head unit. I have the app setting set to bluetooth instead of wired.

If I load the pandora or aha radio app on my iphone, I can play music by clicking on the "bluetooth audio" button on my headunit. But I besides changing tracks, I can't control the iphone apps from my head unit like I could if I was using embedded apps on the head unit.

If I change the app setting to wired and connect my iphone with the wire, the embedded head unit apps work perfectly. I can control everything from the head unit. That's what I'm trying to do with bluetooth.

With the AppRadio app you can control more from your headunit on the 140. And with Mike's extensions, you can control even more http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/34188-appradio-extensions-20-beta-full-iphone-control/

Pretty much your headunit can become a display for your iPhone. From what I've found this only works when your phone is wired in though, not over bluetooth.

• 2 weeks later...

Using Smartphone Applications, chapter 25 page 132 of the manual which is available online says USB interface cable for iPod CD-IU51V is required to connect your iPhone to this navigation system

page 133 explains:

For iphone users:

1 display the AV system settings screen

2 touch App Connection and set to "wired"

,etc etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes Bluetooth app mode is "only for android" as the manual states (Page 133, left hand side, step 3).

The Bluetooth profiles required are A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile), and SPP (serial Port Profile).

The iPhone is missing the SPP Bluetooth profile that allows it to transfer album art, song title, etc. over Bluetooth. (which is why I laugh when people call it advanced or innovative).