AVIC411.com

[jailbreak] Any app in full screen on app mode

Hi there

If you have a jailbroken idevice and a pioneer radio with app mode you can have your phone use the radio as external screen provided that you have the corresponding pioneer cable sold separately

All you gotta download on cydia is DISPLAY OUT it will project whatever is on your idevice onto your headset, great for gps navigation, browsing or even having the flow cover of songs from your library on

2 cons tho, u can't lock the device or the screen won't be projected anymore, and also to get the image horizontally, u guessed it, u must turn the device sideways

(tested on my iphone 4s + avh-p4300dvd)

Cheers

This is true! I use TVOutTuner (which is free), but have very good results outputting to my P8400-BH. I run into some issues occasionally with my animated wallpaper/etc though coming through, its certainly not bug free (maybe I should try DisplayOut?), but I love the flexibility of using all of my iPhone apps on this unit. Love, love, LOVE the fact that I can stream my live TV from my Vulkano at home onto my cars display through this little tweak! :-)

Are you guys serious??? There are only about five or so threads that pertain to this subject. Did we really need yet another thread? FYI, screw display out or tv out and just download App Radio Extensions in the App Radio section and not have the issues you are having.

Are you guys serious??? There are only about five or so threads that pertain to this subject. Did we really need yet another thread? FYI, screw display out or tv out and just download App Radio Extensions in the App Radio section and not have the issues you are having.

I'm sorry moderator

I'm sorry moderator

I'm Happy you guys wrote this. I probably wouldn't have searched for it otherwise, and had no idea this was possible..

I purposely didn't re-download displayOUT (even though I've paid for it) because of AppRadio Extensions when I went to iso5.1.1JB (which broke my photos native pioneer appmode app)...

I wish i stayed on ios5.0.1, it seemed to work much better. and last I heard mike decaro couldn't get his device(s) to JB5.1.1 so who knows where testing or development is any more.

anyhow. Thanks Original poster and follow-up poster!

but it's too buggy.. I'm going to test righ now on my 8400. the simplicity of TV-OUT

• 3 weeks later...

When you mirror a jailbroken iphone onto the 8400bh screen, can you still be the display on the iphone screen as well? In this video the iphone screen goes blank during mirroring with "display out".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1gk3IcYheQ

Someone just answered this on another thread. Apparently you can mirror the droid phones on both the phone and the 8400bh as long as the proper selection is made in the Display Out settings. In this video the person apparently did not do that.