AVIC411.com

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I am expecting my Pioneer AVH-8400BT (European model) to be delivered next week. Before proceeding with the installation, I wanted to ask you guys about bypassing this device. Is it as complicated as the US version (AVH-P8400BH)? Can be done using "traditional" methods of just grounding the green handbrake wire?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I asked about the European version!

We all know P8400BH needs special tools for bypassing, but I want to know whether 8400BT (European version) can be bypassed by simple grounding of the P wire?

Can I get a straight answer from someone who has done it?

Ok, mate, no offense... I got two different answers and wanted to clarify...

Do you confirm that what you said above is the way to go? Will I get full functionality (navi and bluetooth, not interested in dvd playback) if just I simply ground the P brake wire? My unit is a German market AVH-8400BT.

I have no idea as I am not in Europe. What I do know is that Euro units in the near past have only had to have the P brake wire grounded to achieve the bypass. As I said above, just ground the wire and see what happens. Its not that hard.

ive bought the exact same bypass and it work partially it was eable to see the video

but when i wanted to search using the screen off the unit i could not and so i did a switch on the gound unit and you press and depress then the unit say to you that you are not allowed to drive press ok and then it say to do it 3 time and then ok again

then i could use my screen on my unit to type in my research directly on my 8400 and not even be touching my iphone

my bypass was bought with the same place ranich1 and ive send it back for refund worthless