AVIC411.com

Reverse Camera image is reversed all of the sudden...

Had the battery out for a day while doing a CMC swap.

Now with the car powered back up when I go into reverse the camera comes on like it should but the image is reversed and the guides no longer show. I can't find a setting for it anywhere, am I missing something here or is the camera on its last legs?

Had the battery out for a day while doing a CMC swap.

Now with the car powered back up when I go into reverse the camera comes on like it should but the image is reversed and the guides no longer show. I can't find a setting for it anywhere, am I missing something here or is the camera on its last legs?

Look for an option about Camera Polarity

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This sounds like your camera... I have had my "cheaper" cameras mess with me on things such as this where video would just stop, lose grid, etc.. and then all of a sudden things would come back for no apparent reason, and the only common denominator that I could find was they got wet from a car wash.. even though they were supposed to be water tight.

See if your camera has any jumper wires on it... a few of mine did and after uninstalling them, checking the jumper settings (remove/reintstall jumper), and reinstall the camera and the features would return....

Just a thought... otherwise you might have to get a new camera.

*bump*

Is it a setting or should I pickup a new reverse camera ?