AVIC411.com

Getting error-19 from 32GB USB stick ...

Hey everyone

I just got a new 32BG USB stick for my u310bt

In the middle of a song, the unit's track info display will blank out, and it will say "error-19"

It won't resume playing until I remove the USB stick and re-insert it.

Here's what it says in the manual:

"Disconnect the USB device and do not use it, turn the ignition switch to off, then to ACC or on, and connect a compliant USB storage device"

Maybe my USB stick is defective? I had no problems copying files to it from windows. And they are the same files that were on my 16GB stick I upgraded from.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

It happens to every song randomly. It may play for a few minutes or even a few tracks, then it errors out.

I did a format, and also I played music off of it on my PC, and there were no issues. This makes me think it's the u310bt that doesn't support a 32GB card.

Yesterday I did update the unit to the latest firmware and maps, I'm yet to try the USB stick again, but I will tonight.

It's a Patriot brand. The brands I've had no problems with are Sandisk Cruzers, and Kingston, so hopefully I can find one of those.

My unit doesn't play videos, so I can't try with that.

I'm going to take it back and exchange it, and report back with my findings. Thanks

It's a Patriot brand. The brands I've had no problems with are Sandisk Cruzers, and Kingston, so hopefully I can find one of those.

My unit doesn't play videos, so I can't try with that.

I'm going to take it back and exchange it, and report back with my findings. Thanks

Sorry Man I gave you bad info the fist post. Patriot is a good brand name. I don't think it's the USB failing.

I read through the manual for your Head Unit..

On Page 136 in the specs for USB...

USB

Head unit

USB standard spec. ..... USB 2.0 Full Speed <--- If your USB is rated for 3.0 it should still work in a 2.0 for backwards compatibility

Max current supply ....... 500 mA <- However, USB 3.0 to fully function likes to have 900 mA power supply to allow for faster speeds this is probably the issue.

Minimum memory capacity <- It'll still have enough power to load and recognize, but depending on the data it needs to deliver, it could be trying to draw more power then available from the Unit. If you can find an older USB stick, or verify that a 32GB one is USB2.0 only, these seem like the next options to test.

........................................... 256 MB

File system ........................ FAT16, FAT32

USB class .......................... Mass storage class

Decoding format ............ MP3/WMA/AAC/WAVE

Detachable device

USB standard spec. ..... USB 2.0 High Speed

Max current supply ....... 500 mA

File system ........................ FAT16, FAT32

USB class .......................... Mass storage class