AVIC411.com

always takes me long rout never lets me pick a rout i know is shorter

Ok so something that i have been bugging about over the last month

when i am in Danville VA and need to go to Durham NC i know darn well there is a 1 hour and 10 minute rout cause i take it all the time and its all main streets that i take

but it makes me go on the highway all the time even when i select a rout that avoids freeways or go form short to fast or what ever rout conditions i want

it never gives me a round that is less then 30 minuutes longers

also when i want to go from where i live in Boca Raton FL

up to a town called loxahatchee FL near west palm beach

it always wants to take me up further out of the way and then bring me back down almost a 1 hour and 50 minute drive

when i know darn well i can get off the turnpike about 6 miles erlier and take 2 main roads and be there in 55 minutes to an hour and 10 minutes

it never lets me pick the rout i want to take

i know the rouds are in the map systme because

it reconizes when im on the roads

and once i get about 6 miiles away from the desitation it stops trying to get me to turn around and take the longer rout

any idea what the heck is going on with this ?

is this normal

if so im going to think about dumping pioneer or hoping it is fixed when the new update comes out

x930bt

I have an X940BT and the times I've used the nav, it seems to work about as well as our Garmins. I did go on one trip that took me on a different route than I expected - it wasn't as nice, but I'm not sure it was longer. Some routes it picks are the same as what Garmin picks that I don't like, but I'm not sure that's the nav's fault. I prefer to stay on four lane roads and they probably did pick the shortest but because a lot of it was a fairly busy two lane road, I didn't take it.

So far, I've been pretty happy with mine. I don't know if it is as good as Garmin every time, but my wife had our Garmin take her one place out of town and then give her a completely different route that was a half hour out of her way rather than backtrack her steps. They can all give goofy routes from time to time. I guess the best ones give good routes more often.