AVIC411.com

Z130 3D calibration?

I've had my Z130 for a few months now, and occasionally I will go into the Nav settings and look at the 3D calibration settings. As of today, the distance is about 2/3 full, and the left and right turn are both 100% full, but the 3D section is 0% complete. Am I doing something wrong? How does a guy get that to go up?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, I never thought of that. I didn't hook up the VSS wire cuz it really only serves for dead reckoning, and I don't use the GPS that often anyways. How would the VSS wire affect 3D calibration though? I thought the 3D only had to do with known landmarks or something?

• 4 weeks later...

I've had a few Pioneer Navigation units so far and I've never connected the VSS wire until now. When I first installed my Z130, I decided not to connect the VSS until a few days later. As soon as I connected the VSS wire, the 3D calibration started to gain bars for the first time. It is now full since then and seems to be working like a champ. Now that I know how much more accurate the readings are with the VSS wire connected, I will probably always connect it when installing a new unit.

By the way, the 3D view that you can enable is what shows you 3D landmarks if available. I can't explain how the VSS wire affects 3D calibration, but mine only started getting a reading until after I connected it.