AVIC411.com

Video resolution not supported

Well, I got me a new AVH-8400, brake bypassed. DVD's are working. But when I try to play videos from the SD card I get a message saying 'Video resolution not supported'. I have tried a few resolutions but no dice. What resolution am I supposed to make my vids at?

Well, I got me a new AVH-8400, brake bypassed. DVD's are working. But when I try to play videos from the SD card I get a message saying 'Video resolution not supported'. I have tried a few resolutions but no dice. What resolution am I supposed to make my vids at?

Check the Manual, in the last pages on the appendix. it outlines what codecs and max resolutions rates etc.

however, there is lots of discussion on here about what is best..

most people run xvid/divx @ 800x600. and average Video Bitrate around 800kbps, with Audio around 128kbps MP3 so that the total bitrate is around 1000 or less.

I have an 8400 and I like to encode my videos into .MP4 (MPEG4 not h.264) 800x600 (or for widescreen 800x480) and MP3 Audio (Not AAC).

I set some other options like de-interlace, but that depends on your source (I was capping TV programs from my DVR and the RAW stream is interlaced)

I'd start there, and check out your manual... there are different specs depending on DVD rom vs SD card vs iPhone etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

According to the manual, the max resolution for video is 1280x720 (widthxheight). Anything higher, the unit is not going to play it. I've tried downloading some videos from Youtube and the later videos by Vemo wouldn't play without converting it. Some videos download at 1920 x 1080 which I got the error message same as the original poster "Video resolution not supported."

I've been trying out AOne video conversion software from torrent sites and it's been working fine for me. MP4 format, I don't really see the difference with H.264 format but I'll try it again. Normal view sometimes gives me a black boarder Full usually stretches it out.

So far it's the music videos that I've been having issues with, but will try and load some movies and check the dimensions and see if they fall in this range.