AVIC411.com

Hi All, A few years ago I installed an Avic z110bt in a 2001 Subaru Outback, and found this site of great value in setting me on the right path.It turned out great on the first try, and is still working great.

I am now getting ready to Install an X940bt in a 2006 Mustang Gt Conv. I have the unit, along with the Scosche FDSR harness, Radio Antenna Adapter, and a Koolertron backup camera. From what I understand I should splice the scosche main 14 pin plug's open wires to the 940's harness going by color. The scosche fdsr contains 3 harnesses and an interface, Is there something I should be doing with the other 2 harnesses and the interface. Is it ok to put the nav antenna under the dash?. Any ideas where to put the microphone in a convertible. Is it still neccessary with the new FDSR to wire a resistor inline of the amp wh/gr wire to prevent rebooting on high volume. Any advice is most welcome, especially about the fdsr.

Thanks.