AVIC411.com

[SOLVED] Cannot view GPS Maps while driving.

Well, I found the answer today to my question.

You cannot see the map while driving. What a fucking crock of shit. I guess I'll have to bypass the damn thing just so I can see the map while driving. Crappradio indeed. :mrgreen:

-----------------------

Original Post:

So there is no way to play pandora and navi at the same time? Mix only shows the radio. This sucks big time. I don't mind listening to music on the iphone itself with navi up - but only radio can be mixed.

If the parking brake is disengaged the screen says "viewing of front seat video source while driving is strictly prohibited..." So you can't drive and look at navigation (motion x) - is this normal? I can't see the navigation screen while driving?

Help. :(

Anyone? I've read almost every single thread in this forum over the last hour, but can't find definitive answers to my questions. I have zero intention of bypassing my unit, so I really would like to know if seeing the navi screen while driving will work, and whether I can listen to a different source than FM when using apps in mix mode.

I am on latest firmware.

Right now I am using the unit on a bench, not installed in the car, and while I like how the appradio extensions work, I really prefer to use the radio in stock form.

All I want to know is. Can you flip away from Motion X to change music track or Pandora track, and resume Turn by Turn on screen without having to stop the car to get the display back up?

Or will I never be able to change tracks without losing on-screen navigation?

So there is no way to play pandora and navi at the same time? Mix only shows the radio. This sucks big time. I don't mind listening to music on the iphone itself with navi up - but only radio can be mixed.

If the parking brake is disengaged the screen says "viewing of front seat video source while driving is strictly prohibited..." So you can't drive and look at navigation (motion x) - is this normal? I can't see the navigation screen while driving?

Help. :(

Sorry, I'm not an iphone user, but I'll try and help.

Your first question: From what I've seen you can only mix AM/FM with advanced app mode. It's stupid, but that's what I see. I can't comment specifically on Pandora since I'm in Canada and Pandora is too cheap to pay licencing fees even though their competitors will.

For your second question: That sounds like it isn't working correctly. I can use Waze for navigation on my Android phone and I don't need to bypass or use the parking brake for it to display. Is your iPhone in landscape mode while in the app?

Well, I found the answer today to my question.

You cannot see the map while driving. What a fucking crock of shit. I guess I'll have to bypass the damn thing just so I can see the map while driving. Crappradio indeed. :mrgreen:

before i bypassed my ebrake, i could view maps just fine but i couldnt input an address.

Thats because you connected it to your car's ebrake. Nowhere in any instructions on any bypass on this forum does it tell you to do that.

Yeah, when I heard parking brake wire I thought that. I don't have a clue where to find that wire in my rx8, but I'll figure it out I'm sure.

Yeah, when I heard parking brake wire I thought that. I don't have a clue where to find that wire in my rx8, but I'll figure it out I'm sure.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/34594-app-radioapp-radio-2-bypass-confirmed/page__view__findpost__p__251323 i made some sloppy pics that might help, or if you have the appradio 2 the post right below it has a much cleaner display

http://avic411.com/i...post__p__251323 i made some sloppy pics that might help, or if you have the appradio 2 the post right below it has a much cleaner display

Yeah, I did the 2nd option, but I don't know where the parking brake wire is in the RX8. :)

I connected it to the e-brake wire. I didn't know there was a difference (or am I just totally confused?)

Yeah, I did the 2nd option, but I don't know where the parking brake wire is in the RX8. :)

I connected it to the e-brake wire. I didn't know there was a difference (or am I just totally confused?)

totally confused, the parking brake wire is the wire out of the back of the stereo. you do not touch any wires attached to the car except for power and ground (if you choose to not ground to chasis)

You need to stop while your ahead. While your car still works.