AVIC411.com

Hi All, I posted a similar question in Vehicle Specific section, but no answers so far, so I'm trying here. I am ready to install an x940bt into a 2006 Mustang, Shaker 500. I have the unit, along with a Scosche FDSR harness, and a Kollertron BU Camera. and a Scosche dask Kit.

My main question is how to wire the FDSR to the 940bt's harnesses. I did a Z110bt a few years ago into a 2001 Outback, which worked out perfectly. But the FDSR is a bit confusing as it has 3 plugs and an interface and 18 wire ends to connect to the 940's 16, plus 6 rca's and a mute wire.

I am sure I can handle the install if I can get some input as to how to prepare the harnesses.

Thanks for any help.

Luck to all- Semper Fi

Hello again, ok, just to update, I figured out all the wire combinations to mate the scosche fdsr harness to the x940bt harnesses. It was simpler than I thought, as all the wires on the fdsr have written designations on the wires, needed a magnifying glass to see them, but they were there. There were a few that were different colors than the 940's, but the instructions clarified them well enough. I decided to add a pac wri-p, and the cd-r510 as well, but the wiring for the pac is simple enough. I have 2 questions left if there is anyone out there that can offer some advice.

1, if you do the bypass, by moving the mute wire, and grounding it along with the green pkg brk wire, I assume you can ignore the red/wht pkg brk wire on the fdsr harness. Am I right?

2, Since there are no other aux monitors, rse, or additional monitors or such in the car or going to be installed later, other than the BU camera, which has it's own dedicated brown rca input on the 940bt harness, can I cut off all the other rca wires on both the 940's harness, and the fdsr's, without something not functioning properly. I am thinking I can, am i right.

Thanks for any input--Semper Fi

PS, one other thing, if you are installing the 940, or most any other unit in a Ford with a shaker or amplified sw 's involved, and are using a Scosche FDSR or similar by Pac or others, that has a can bus module, you need to splice in a 1n4005 diode in the wht/grn wire coming out of the module, with the cathode [striped side], facing the amp away from the module. This is neccessary to avoid rebooting when the bass gets loud, and sends a signal back to the unit to cut the volume. The module can not handle the feedback signal.

PAC has issued a tsb about this problem.