AVIC411.com

12v (10a+?) source to power appradio2 in my house?

Has anyone successfully done this? and what did you use? I'd like to hook my radio up in my house for testing purposes, and because I haven't gotten my MHL cable yet, so I don't want to fully install it yet until I can complete it.

It looks like I just need a 12v supply, and something that will give me more then 10a, since the fuse in the back is 10a and should protect everything in the radio...

I've got some power cords from other appliances that go from 110-120v ac to 12v dc, but so far the most I've found is like 2a, so I don't want to starve the radio for power...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks

If you have a 350w or higher computer power supply around, you can take a yellow wire from that (preferably from GPU wire, since they have most amps) and wire the yellow wire to the red + orange wires on the Pioneer harness, then ground black to black.

I had mine for a day and I hate it. I don't think it's possible to switch between apps and music while driving, and I didn't get an ounce of help on this forum. I had the single most simple question too. No one here seems interested in anything more than the jailbreak app, which works, but is not a real solution to all that is bad with this radio.

Hopefully I helped you enough to turn on the unit, and make an opinion of your own.

I hadn't thought about that, but that would work... thanks. I saw your post, but without having tried it myself I figured any response I gave wouldn't have helped out too much...

I think with a little hacking, it could definitely do what you're looking for. Although if you have an iPhone it might be a little harder with fake multitasking.

Not sure why you're against bypassing though, it sounds like it's just easier then actually installing it the "correct" way to the ebrake.

Not sure why you're against bypassing though, it sounds like it's just easier then actually installing it the "correct" way to the ebrake.

Never been a fan of bypassing. I'm weird like that. I may give it a shot if it's extremely annoying I guess.

I plan to use it with my iPhone mostly, but I have a JB powered Nexus as my daily driver. :)