AVIC411.com

I did a search before I purchased a Neucleus NC-GM39B from American International, but nothing came up. Hopefully by posting this I can help someone else avoid some aggrivation.

This is an all-in-one onstar/chime module for GM vehicles, mine is a Hummer H3. The module is supposed to work with either amplified or non-amplified systems (it has two sets of input/output ports on it). The H3 is clearly listed on AI's website as an appropriate vehicle for this module.

Unfortunately, the function of the module is unacceptable. While the chimes and onstar do work, there is an audible "pop" after either shut off, after a 3-5 second delay with some speaker "hum". I communicated this to AI tech support and after a few band-aid attempts (resistor on remote turn-on line was one) I was told I had a bad module. I returned the module for exchange and the new unit does the same thing.

I ended up putting a Peripheral adapter with separate chime module in, it works perfectly.

I'm certainly not trying to blast the company, their tech support was very responsive, but I am convinced there is an issue with this module and the Hummer H3. My advice is find something else.

By the way, if anyone is in need of a $100 paperweight, I have one for sale.

i work at tweeter and we sell this piece, as for this piece is does not work well with the bose y91 premium sound system, to find out if you have this system, look in the glovebox and there is a sequence of codes, if y91 is one of them, that was your problem. otherwise, we haven't had any such problems with this unit, AI tech support is great !

i work at tweeter and we sell this piece, as for this piece is does not work well with the bose y91 premium sound system, to find out if you have this system, look in the glovebox and there is a sequence of codes, if y91 is one of them, that was your problem. otherwise, we haven't had any such problems with this unit, AI tech support is great !

My system is not Y91, I checked that before I bought the unit. Apparently it doesn't work well with the amp the H3 premium system has either.