AVIC411.com

X-9310BT No Mute Wire?

Looks like this has been covered relentlessly about how to do the bypass. However, I had the install shop that put mine in, do the bypass.

It works, with the exception of when you hit 10 MPH. It reverts.

I asked about the method of how he did it, in comparison of how it's explained on here and I was told that my unit doesn't have a mute wire. That he had to ground the PB sense wire and add a wire for the mute, or something to that affect.

He said to bring it back, that the wire he added must have slipped out.

Anyone have any input on that? I'm just trying to feed correct info, so I don't have to keep bringing my car back.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, the install is in a 2007 Yukon. I"m also using the harness/harnesses to retain all factory functionality such as steering wheel controls, bose, onstar, factory rear entertainment, etc.

see this diagram:

All of the tutorials talk about moving pin 23 (TELMUTE) to 11 (KMODE) on the AV connector.

It doesnt really have anything to do with MUTE wire, but since the KMODE pin does not have a lead in the AV harness, other than folks were repurposing the existing MUTE wire, since most folks didnt use it.

The real "fix" described by some folks is to ground pin 11 KMODE of AV connector (along with 9 PKB) of power connector.

I would not suggest that you do such a thing as it may be illegal to do in your jurisdiction.

True. Distracted driving is now illegal in many US jurisdictions. This enables you to be distracted ;)

I'm guessing the reason why pioneer (et al.) are trying to make it difficult to bypass is due to the lawyers who, after an accident, will inevitably point fingers at Pioneer, instead of at the fool tweaking his radio instead of watching the freakin road.