AVIC411.com

I'm officially happy I returned my App Radio for the X940

Sounds fine to me for the most part. Not sure of any other way to do it since I want to keep the phone charging while the bluetooth is running. It's an android phone and the battery life sucks.

Audio quality will probably be better over auxiliary. Doesn't the 940 have a microSD slot? That would be your best bet. Of course, if all your music is 128kbp/s then there is only so much you can do.
  • 2 weeks later...

why cant the dude enjoy how he is using his system, if he cant tell the difference with the BT compression, why should he care, not everybody is an audiophile, most done even have the right equipment to truly hear a huge difference, also when streaming internet audio, you are always losing a lot of SQ through that compression, BT only makes is a tad bit worse.

also, if i am worried about SQ, that last source i would be dealing with would be the SD card reader.

why cant the dude enjoy how he is using his system, if he cant tell the difference with the BT compression, why should he care, not everybody is an audiophile, most done even have the right equipment to truly hear a huge difference, also when streaming internet audio, you are always losing a lot of SQ through that compression, BT only makes is a tad bit worse.

Thanks for repeating what I already said. As for your point, you're on a forum for a hi-fi head unit in a car. Your point makes no sense. You spend all that money for what purpose? Especially on newer cars the functionality is already there.

also, if i am worried about SQ, that last source i would be dealing with would be the SD card reader.

Then you have no idea what you're talking about.

Thanks for repeating what I already said. As for your point, you're on a forum for a hi-fi head unit in a car.

no, I am on a forum for a decent, well featured, and good valued head unit for cars, if i was on a forum for "high fidelity" units we would be talking about McIntosh, Definitive Technology, Arc Audio... not pioneer (which is why pioneer market all of their high end stuff under different names, such as elite, premier, and stage 4) for the record, the quality of sound took a major hit when i went from having an Alpine radio to an AVIC, its not even close. however the AVIC was about half the price of an Alpine that does all the same stuff, so the trade off was worth it to me.

Your point makes no sense.
so then since i just repeated you, your point makes no sense and that makes you look like a fool. also which part of that statement do you need broken down so that you can wrap you little mind around it.

You spend all that money for what purpose? Especially on newer cars the functionality is already there.
you might want to rephrase that to SOME new cars come with all that functionality, there is a shit ton of cars out there that are still basic as hell, and maybe somebody just wants have a nav system built into their car, or add bluetooth, or maybe their OEM nav system took a shit and they dont want to spend $2k on a new one. who the hell are you to look down on somebody because their purpose is a million miles away from yours.

Then you have no idea what you're talking about.
yep, your right there. every audiophile I know looks for things like top notch D/A converters (which the avics dont have) and use sources such as lossless audio. MP3 is a compression, so if you were so worried about perfect sound, i doubt that you would be focusing on a source like an SD card loaded with MP3's off all sorts of different compression rates. but then again, I'm just talking out of my ass and have no clue how this stuff works.

Audio quality will probably be better over auxiliary.
from my experience, most people who use words like "probably" are just guessing and dont really know for sure. not to mention that then you are totally relying on the D/A converter in the phone, which may be good or it may be rubbish, then converting it to analog and sending it through a cable that could pick up interference, not to mention having to deal with multiple audio level controls and getting them matched up correctly. oh yeah, not to mention that some people just dont want a bunch of damn cables running all over their dashboards.

also who the hell are you to come into somebody's thread and shit in his cornflakes? its his money and if it sounds great to him, then he should be able to enjoy his purchase, and he might want to let a few more people know something that they might not have. plain and simple, dont be an asshat for no reason.

Why not try to speak like an adult and not be a hypocrite? I simply asked a question and offered a truthful response regarding the compression that Bluetooth uses for audio. You can't point the only pooh-stained finger and claim the other person started the crap storm. I'm not going to get this thread locked, so I'm not going to bother to respond further in kind (most of your comments still make no sense or are ad hominem attacks anyway), but you are more than welcome to PM me if you wish to continue to use baseless insults.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what's going on here, but I want to state that this forum is related to Pioneer products, not HIFI audio (note the name of the site). Anyways, I got the HU for the features that it offers, not for SQ. I was stating that the features are greater then what the app radio 2 offered. The audio sounds fine to me but of course I know that a CD/SD card would probably produce the best clarity, but I don't really care all that much.

Also, the car is almost 7 years old and came with a CD player only.

judging from your sig, i would say that you have more than good enough equipment to have very good sound, so keep on enjoying it and dont worry about the audiophiles that just want to point out what they think your doing wrong.

also i must say, that mossberg install sounds aggressive! lol I bet that works better than a viper alarm!!!

also i must say, that mossberg install sounds aggressive! lol I bet that works better than a viper alarm!!!

I'm in South Florida (home of the bath salt zombies). Anything goes down here.

judging from your sig, i would say that you have more than good enough equipment to have very good sound, so keep on enjoying it and dont worry about the audiophiles that just want to point out what they think your doing wrong.

I'm sure it could sound better, but since I'm going deaf from years of obnoxiously loud stereo systems, I just want something that sounds good at lower volumes instead of going crazy again.