AVIC411.com

Hello Guys, I finally finished the install of the x940bt, in a 2006 Mustang. Every function works except the USB. I plugged an 8gb sandisk with mp3's in and the disk lights up like it is getting power, but the icon that is supposed to appear on the hu does not appear. I have tried 3 different drives, that I know work in other cars, one being a subaru with an avic 110bt, and they all work in all the other units. I called pioneer cust service and after doing a clear all user data, his conclusion was that it is probably a bad unit.

Anybody here have any other possibilities before I go to the trouble of uninstalling it all and sending it back

Thanks for you help--Semper Fi

Hello Guys, just to follow up on this problem, the problem was in the usb/3.5 cable. Just on a whim after being told by the service tech from pioneer that it was a bad unit, I tried, [ out of desperation because I really didn't want to uninstall everything], a cable that I had from another unit, and it worked perfectly. So I dug out the old vohm meter, and found the wire inside the cable with no continuity, found the break, spliced it, put back the shielding, reinstalled the cable and problem solved.

Everything works as it should, and the sound is fantastic.

Off topic a bit, my only regret is that the VR does not work for the nav. If I had found that out before I bought it, I probably would have gone with a different unit.

Luck to all--Semper Fi