AVIC411.com

So Pioneer more or less has their thumbs up their butts regarding the Appradio 2 and supporting it with firmware upgrades and app upgrades (especially regarding the android side of things). So I've been spamming them with this letter regarding things that I want. I think everybody should spam them as well too; facebook post, facebook message, their support page, email, etc. Feel free to add or change anything from this and keep at it, who knows maybe it will catch.

Regarding the Pioneer Appradio 2: SPH-DA100. I don't know if this will just get lost in the other support emails but I hope it finds its way to the right people to make something happen. I am an android user. I have used this with the EVO 3D, EVO LTE, and Samsung Galaxy 3; these issues have occurred on ALL phones and with multiple users (as seen on the avic411.com forums). When the appradio 2 works I love the unit and the app but the majority of the time it prompts me for to pair my bluetooth every time and frequently dosconnects. Even when I successfully pair it the next time I start the radio it just asks me to pair it again, both on my phone and on the appradio 2. This is a problem that could be resolved with a simple firmware update. Also it needs better support for ice cream sandwich legacy menu; those new phones that do not have a dedicated menu key have touch screen calibration issues; this can be fixed just by updating the appradio app. Also a firmware update enabling blue tooth A2DP would be amazing; with a piece of hardware that costs $599.99 it is ridiculous that it does not include an aux input and/or A2DP bluetooth music connection. I know whoever is reading this probably doesn't have much say in how this product is developed or supported but I would greatly appreciate it if you could forward it along so that we can make something happen and make your customers happy. Thank you

Sounds like possibly the only plan that will get them to listen. I have been emailing/ rating / calling myself. They are setting a bad precedent in saying its android compatible and then making such a mess out of it. How do they plan on selling more of these if the only impression on the net is they barely work.

So much potential, thus far wasted potential.

hiya...

what email address are you sending the email to?

if you are going to get them to listen i would turn your email from a rant into an actual letter :)

set it out nicely, check your spelling and punctuation and be polite and request a formal response in line with the correct sales legislation in your country.

it can be frustrating with new products when they don't work.

With iphone4s on appradio1....

*pairing is fine

*bluetooth music connection defeats the point of this radio being an extension to the phone. they should work together and thats the point :)

*aux input? it connects to iphone and android in a more advanced way and you can control your music on screen

its a far from perfect unit but i think most of us knew what we were getting into when we purchased this item - and at least it can be updated :)

I have had other double din touchscreen HUs that have been awful and had to live with it until i could sell and buy a new one.

I am enjoying my appradio (even though it freezes on rear view camera at times, the ipod control is poor, the address book is hard to work with and the uni takes ages to get going)

good luck :)

JJ

hiya...

what email address are you sending the email to?

if you are going to get them to listen i would turn your email from a rant into an actual letter :)

set it out nicely, check your spelling and punctuation and be polite and request a formal response in line with the correct sales legislation in your country.

it can be frustrating with new products when they don't work.

With iphone4s on appradio1....

*pairing is fine

*bluetooth music connection defeats the point of this radio being an extension to the phone. they should work together and thats the point :)

*aux input? it connects to iphone and android in a more advanced way and you can control your music on screen

its a far from perfect unit but i think most of us knew what we were getting into when we purchased this item - and at least it can be updated :)

I have had other double din touchscreen HUs that have been awful and had to live with it until i could sell and buy a new one.

I am enjoying my appradio (even though it freezes on rear view camera at times, the ipod control is poor, the address book is hard to work with and the uni takes ages to get going)

good luck :)

JJ

I'm glad it's working with you iphone 4s but the majority of users on this forum having the most problems are the Android users. To address your points pairing is not fine on the Androids, a pairing request comes up each time you connect it to your car and you have to manually connect it. For your second point, many android users do not have the mhl connection required to allow their phone to be used with the appradio 2, A2DP will at least allow them to stream the music on their phones wirelessly to the unit. And third it does not connect to older iphones/ipods/androids that will allow them the advanced app control/music so an aux input would allow those users or their passengers to listen to their music. And finally all my spelling and punctuation and grammar is correct regarding my message to them. It also does not come off as hostile or demeaning towards them; it simply communicates the frustrations that I have been having with their product and some solutions to remedy those problems in the future. Please make sure to read the other posts in the forum regarding the android users to get a better understanding of the problems.

I'm glad it's working with you iphone 4s but the majority of users on this forum having the most problems are the Android users. To address your points pairing is not fine on the Androids, a pairing request comes up each time you connect it to your car and you have to manually connect it. For your second point, many android users do not have the mhl connection required to allow their phone to be used with the appradio 2, A2DP will at least allow them to stream the music on their phones wirelessly to the unit. And third it does not connect to older iphones/ipods/androids that will allow them the advanced app control/music so an aux input would allow those users or their passengers to listen to their music. And finally all my spelling and punctuation and grammar is correct regarding my message to them. It also does not come off as hostile or demeaning towards them; it simply communicates the frustrations that I have been having with their product and some solutions to remedy those problems in the future. Please make sure to read the other posts in the forum regarding the android users to get a better understanding of the problems.

You didn't capitalize "Android" at least once, off the top of my head, and some other proper nouns. You also overuse (misuse some would say) semicolons. Not that it matters, but your message could be improved. I've been hitting their Facebook page semi-regularly but haven't gotten any responses.

sorry - i didn't mean to cause offence and your email doesn't sound hostile at all. just a rant. I have read all the threads on here - not many :)

I don't think loads of people sending it will get owners anywhere :(

:)

1. don't deny that it doesn't pair correctly - thats your issue but your email is watered down by adding in other issues. Focus on the fundamental safety issue of the bluetooth pairing not working as it should. The other points could have been raised through the forum.

2. all i can say is don't buy a phone "accessory" that is not compatible with your phone. Pioneer have gone for what they hope to be a future proof connectivity medium

3. see point 2 (if i had a 3GS i wouldn't have bought appradio1) its up to pioneer who they target their products at and its being marketed as smartphone extension, not an amp for an mp3 player

4. maybe your paste into the thread has affected the formatting

hope you get your issues resolved soon as the unit is a very interesting concept and i hope that more apps come out soon.

JJ

That was just a rough draft for people to go off of. I encourage people to edit to their liking and emphasize their points they want to make. I just want people to express their discontent with this product to Pioneer directly, just not on these forums only. If you do reach out to Pioneer post your message here as a draft for others. :-P

That's a good point. I criticized the AppRadio app with the last version because it forced Japanese on me because my phone was set to English (Canada) and not English (United States). They fixed that with the latest version. Mind you, CarMediaPlayer is still forcing Japanese. I've fixed that by using Locale Select to change my language to English (United States).

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got a response from Pioneer on facebook messages, so it seems they at least check that so maybe try messaging them there to get a response to our issues. Here is the response below (better than nothing I guess):

Hi Michael,

We like to apologize for the late reply.

Your feedback on the AppRadio 2 is very valuable to us. We have sent your message to the responsible person for the Apps and firmware.

Kind Regards,

Pioneer

Well I got a response from Pioneer on facebook messages, so it seems they at least check that so maybe try messaging them there to get a response to our issues. Here is the response below (better than nothing I guess):

Hi Michael,

We like to apologize for the late reply.

Your feedback on the AppRadio 2 is very valuable to us. We have sent your message to the responsible person for the Apps and firmware.

Kind Regards,

Pioneer

I've bitched numerous times and only just recently gotten a response that wasn't some generic B.S. They responded to my comments about the Bluetooth issues that Android 4.0 just came out, but the truth is that it's been available to developers prior to release (at least 4.1 has been) so it's just a B.S. excuse. I'll believe it when I see it.

THE TRUTH IS the Bluetooth is a BUG in ICS which has been patched in JB...This is not the fault of Pioneer...I have tested on 5 other GB devices and 2 JB devices...all have worked flawlessly. (JB only with BT pairing) The ones I had flashed with ICS all magically developed the BT issue.

Not to mention I have BT pairing issues with my plantronics set, and my BT KIWI OBDII scanner....

Do you really think pissing and moaning to support about parts not being included on the device is going to make them want to help you out either? No A2DP...no Thumbdrive Support....I didnt see any mention of it on the box...You purchased it...They do offer Avic models that support what you like...purchase one of those...

This is an APPRADIO (Hence to be run on apps) This inst (AVC-4119madeup w/Advanced app mode) its STRICTLY an appradio hence the name...

I don't understand how so many are so upset, and complaining about things that were never advertised to begin with. Just because you think $400 is a lot of money is your problem...I purchased it because it was so cheap at $400 compared to other double dins out there...FAR cheaper...

I work for a software company and testing patches is no easy task, especially to go from conception to completion with such a large corporation. It doesn't make it any easier when the platform you are developing on has a massive bug.

Relax people and enjoy your geeky stereo...I know I am :)

This is obviously not a head unit for everyone and the sales people are the ones to blame.

THE TRUTH IS the Bluetooth is a BUG in ICS which has been patched in JB...This is not the fault of Pioneer...I have tested on 5 other GB devices and 2 JB devices...all have worked flawlessly. (JB only with BT pairing) The ones I had flashed with ICS all magically developed the BT issue.

Not to mention I have BT pairing issues with my plantronics set, and my BT KIWI OBDII scanner....

Do you really think pissing and moaning to support about parts not being included on the device is going to make them want to help you out either? No A2DP...no Thumbdrive Support....I didnt see any mention of it on the box...You purchased it...They do offer Avic models that support what you like...purchase one of those...

This is an APPRADIO (Hence to be run on apps) This inst (AVC-4119madeup w/Advanced app mode) its STRICTLY an appradio hence the name...

I don't understand how so many are so upset, and complaining about things that were never advertised to begin with. Just because you think $400 is a lot of money is your problem...I purchased it because it was so cheap at $400 compared to other double dins out there...FAR cheaper...

I work for a software company and testing patches is no easy task, especially to go from conception to completion with such a large corporation. It doesn't make it any easier when the platform you are developing on has a massive bug.

Relax people and enjoy your geeky stereo...I know I am :)

This is obviously not a head unit for everyone and the sales people are the ones to blame.

Although this may be the case, I find that incredibly hard to believe since the BT works on every other device I've used it with, including my Z130BT. That doesn't mean it isn't true, but it doesn't make sense, either; if Pioneer knew it was an issue with Android, they would have been quick to pass on the buck to others like they did with Pandora and Aha radio when those applications were having integration issues.

Also, $400 is a lot of money. You can compare it to other devices, but the purpose of this head unit is to push all the features off and onto the phone, so it's not like you are getting a super bargain compared to the other head units with a buttload more features.