AVIC411.com

920bt won't turn off and no sound

I've had this head unit installed for over a year, by a professional. I had the same exact problem about year ago when i had to have some work done at the dealership. The cure they came up with was to disconnect the battery and touch the positive and negative leads together for about 5 seconds. They said something about some aftermarket head units having internal batteries you have to reset/drain after disconnecting the battery. I don't know, but i called them today to confirm this was the fix and it didn't work for me.

More info:

1. After reconnecting the battery the head unit immediately powers up. whether there is a key in the ignition or not. Even with the doors locked.

2. If the car is running and i shut it completely off, take the key out, and open the door, the DOME LIGHT DOES come on. But the head unit remains on and would until my car battery died.

3. There is no sound or even door chimes. Open the door when in drive and the dome light does come on, and it says door open on DIC... but no sound.

4. I can't remember what harness i'm using but i did retain the onstar and chimes when i got the unit installed.

Can't think of anything else. Can't figure it out... the 920bt doesn't even have much of a factory reset, even when i reconnect the battery my settings are still saved (i guess that's what the internal battery is for in the unit). As of now my positive and negative is disconnected so my battery isn't killed by the head unit. Like i said it worked fine for about 6 months, had the issue and it was fixed about year ago and now it's back.

help