AVIC411.com

Pandora opens by itself - overrides everything.

Sometimes Pandora opens out of the blue. This can be quite annoying. Would the only solution be to close the Pandora app on the phone itself? I'd still like to be able to select Pandora as I cycle through modes with my steering wheel button, so I'd naturally like to leave Pandora open all the time. I just don't want it to override my current choice of musical source out of nowhere.

Makes me wonder... Is this "feature" something Pioneer granted to Pandora? Why is it one of the only apps that doesn't have to use Advanced App Mode?

Anyhow, I actually do like the radio itself 90% of the time. Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

Mine is doing it too. Seems to be on pandora's end. It doesn't help that pandora is a special app as far as appradio is concerned. It isn't actually rendered by the phone like all the other apps. It instead seems to be an app loaded on the radio that controls pandora. This is why it can load without being an app active on the phone. problem is right now that it keeps getting triggered recently.

I have same issue. Will be playing in MixTraxx or CarMediaPlayer and it will pop sources into pandora. Conversely I will be Pandora and the screen will go black and music will stop. It's much like the Pandora out of the blue ... I hear the AppRadio chirp, the screen changes,music momentarily cuts out, etc.

I have been working with Pioneer support. My firmware update won't take via newly formatted flash so they are sending me the firmware via USB stick. So they ar going to see if this solves the problem. I have tried 3 iPhone 4S's and my iPhone 4 works great with Pandora. But not tried the iPhone 4 with app radio mode apps.

We will see. According to Pioneer if firmware update does not work, it's because I has a bypass installed. So I will have that removed and see if it works better. I don't see how if one model works and the other doesn't it becomes the fault of the bypass. Time will tell.