AVIC411.com

I have had my head unit for about 3 months now, but I have had my iPod for about 2 years. I had a few problems letting it sync with my factory radio in my 08 silverado with the PAL connection, but I would just reset it and go on, no big deal. Since I have had my new deck, the iPod randomly restarts itself when the truck restarts and sometimes freezes, I just do not understand what it is. I have restored my iPod to factory settings, and everything that I can think of. When I did buy my deck, the guy at the audio shop threw in the iPod cable, but it wasn't the official Pioneer cable, do you think this is what could be causing me my problems? I really do not want to go shell out $40 bucks for a cable if it isn't the problem. Or if I just needed to go shell out the money and buy a new iPod? What do you guys think could be the problem?

When I did buy my deck, the guy at the audio shop threw in the iPod cable, but it wasn't the official Pioneer cable, do you think this is what could be causing me my problems?

Well it has been the problem for countless others on this forum so it could likely be yours as well. Buy the official cable from some place that will allow you to return it if it isn't the problem.