AVIC411.com

App radio 2 wont enter advanced app mode on android

Ok here's another question. I have an evo 4g lte and when I connect it to my app radio 2 via mhl all it does it mirror the screen. Even when I open the app radio app on my phone it just shows what my phone is showing and won't go into advanced app mode on the head unit. Even though its not "officially" supported I've seen many people hook up their unsupported devices to the app radio 2 with no problems at all. any ideas on what to do?

Are you running your AppRadio on the latest firmware?

Have you established a Bluetooth connection? Try deleting the profile and then re-add it through the AppRadio.

Yeah I tried before and after I updated the firmware. I'm on the latest now. The bluetooth is connected and I can make phone calls fine. And what do you mean by deleting the profile and re-adding it through app radio?

Before even plugging in the MHL cable (at least to test initially) open the AppRadio App. It should say 'ready to connect'. Connect to your phone via Bluetooth from the connection menu in the phone settings area on the radio. Once the Bluetooth connection succeeds, the picture on the AppRadio app should change indicating you to plug in the MHL cable. After it's plugged in then open the Apps menu on the radio and you should enter advanced app mode and have to touch the 4 dots (on the radio screen) and all that nonsense.

After you're sure its working, just plugging in the MHL cable and pressing OK to the prompt about a Bluetooth connection should fire up Advanced App Mode (after a few seconds). The AppRadio app may need to be started (but not opened) first.

Before even plugging in the MHL cable (at least to test initially) open the AppRadio App. It should say 'ready to connect'. Connect to your phone via Bluetooth from the connection menu in the phone settings area on the radio. Once the Bluetooth connection succeeds, the picture on the AppRadio app should change indicating you to plug in the MHL cable. After it's plugged in then open the Apps menu on the radio and you should enter advanced app mode and have to touch the 4 dots (on the radio screen) and all that nonsense.

After you're sure its working, just plugging in the MHL cable and pressing OK to the prompt about a Bluetooth connection should fire up Advanced App Mode (after a few seconds). The AppRadio app may need to be started (but not opened) first.

ok sounds good ill try it when I get home tomorrow!

I had the EVO LTE and it worked for me. Keep trying, I'm sure you can get it to work. The only thing that could be the problem is the EVOs multitasking management is closing the appradio app before it can establish a touch connection (just a thought).

I had the EVO LTE and it worked for me. Keep trying, I'm sure you can get it to work. The only thing that could be the problem is the EVOs multitasking management is closing the appradio app before it can establish a touch connection (just a thought).

Really?): I can't get it connected for my life, even when I have bluetooth connected and mhl connected and the app open it just says "ready to connect" and when I click on apps it just mirrors my screen): I'll just wait on pioneer I guess.

When it says 'ready to connect' it means the Bluetooth isn't connected (even if the Bluetooth icon is blue or green (I forget if the EVO is ICS or gingerbread) on the phone). Did you every see the picture indicating to plug in the MHL cable? And you forced the bluetooth connection from the radio where it says 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% and then beeps and says Succeeded like I said in my original post?

Best thing to do: Open the AppRadio app on the phone and tell us what it shows on the screen. Is it a Bluetooth symbol or is it an HDMI cable symbol?

And what I mean by repairing the phone is that you need to go into the settings on the AppRadio and delete the phone from there and then start the pairing process fresh.

When it says 'ready to connect' it means the Bluetooth isn't connected (even if the Bluetooth icon is blue or green (I forget if the EVO is ICS or gingerbread) on the phone). Did you every see the picture indicating to plug in the MHL cable? And you forced the bluetooth connection from the radio where it says 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% and then beeps and says Succeeded like I said in my original post?

It's ics. And no never did but bluetooth was connected and I could make phonecalls. Although bluetooth was iffy. It would connect then disconnect and so on. But it does do the 25% 50% 75% then normally fails.....

Best thing to do: Open the AppRadio app on the phone and tell us what it shows on the screen. Is it a Bluetooth symbol or is it an HDMI cable symbol?

And what I mean by repairing the phone is that you need to go into the settings on the AppRadio and delete the phone from there and then start the pairing process fresh.

Ok when my mom gets back with my car i'll try again and report back, thanks for all of y'alls help btw!

Try this it works on my driod razer 4.0 that couldnt ever connect! Plug the cable in to the phone and click the apps button on the radio screen it will prompt you with a selection of bt settings or ok hit bt settings then press connections you should see your phone listed there press it to start the connection process. On your phone you will be propmted to allow app radio access to your phonebook or missed calls quickly hit cancel to that! Wait then it will prompt for a pair again on your phone but this time with a random numbers and a message saying somthing like confirm the numbers match dont worry if they dont show up on the units screen never seems to for me. Quickly hit pair it should say connection succesful that usually takes 30 seconds or less. Hit the back button and enjoy apps and pandora untill the next time you start your car cuz then all this has to be done again.

For some reason clicking ok to allow app radio to my phonebook or missed calls throws the whole thing off and the bt connection fails I hope this helps.

Try this it works on my driod razer 4.0 that couldnt ever connect! Plug the cable in to the phone and click the apps button on the radio screen it will prompt you with a selection of bt settings or ok hit bt settings then press connections you should see your phone listed there press it to start the connection process. On your phone you will be propmted to allow app radio access to your phonebook or missed calls quickly hit cancel to that! Wait then it will prompt for a pair again on your phone but this time with a random numbers and a message saying somthing like confirm the numbers match dont worry if they dont show up on the units screen never seems to for me. Quickly hit pair it should say connection succesful that usually takes 30 seconds or less. Hit the back button and enjoy apps and pandora untill the next time you start your car cuz then all this has to be done again.

For some reason clicking ok to allow app radio to my phonebook or missed calls throws the whole thing off and the bt connection fails I hope this helps.

I'll try this too!