AVIC411.com

NONE of the GPS apps are worth a damn

i have motionx gps drive and it SUCKS!

do not buy this apps extra features, its not worth it. i paid extra for the external display feature, and it does nothing that a mirror app cant do. you cannot control the gps from the screen or any features for that matter. if you want to listen to music, it has to be controlled from the iphone itself. the screen basically is there just to display and thats about it. the app uses its own media player to play music. in order for you to use it, you have to manually select all the tracks you want to listen to. even if you already have playlists setup, you have to select either the tracks individually or select all songs and then hit done. the quality is horrible, it sounds flat, and as if your listening to the music through head phones. if you want to change the track, you have to do it through the iphone.

as a gps on its own its great, but when used with the 8400 its waste of money and i want a refund.

i also tried the other gps app, navfree. i have no idea if it works, because it would not let me listen to any music when i was using it, so i quit it almost immediately

im shocked and saddened that none of the 2 gps apps are worth anything. had i known, i seriously would have considered waiting for the new clarion. i cant believe pioneer dropped the ball this bad

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 3300BT, and if I want to use the Radio to control Pandora or the iPod music from the Radio in App Mode, you'll need to do the following:

- Jailbreak your phone

- Install backgrounder (this will allow iPod or Pandora to play in the background without having to keep the app on the display to work)

- Connect to iPod or Pandora first, and start playing music from the Radio

- Go to App Mode, start your GPS (I use MotionX with DisplayOut), then simply push Play on the Radio

I've been using Pandora and MotionX GPS simultaneously without issue for the last 6 months or so, but with the newer versions of radios coming out, I'm sure you guys may need to find other workarounds due to my inability to replicate or resolve other reported issues.

In doing this, I can skip songs in Pandora using the dedicated next button on the radio, I just can't Thmubs Up/Down any song due to not being in the Pandora interface. The same applies to the iPod music.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...