AVIC411.com

AVIC in-dash HUs... screw types? Heeelp! (ESP. AVIC X930BT)

Hey, guys!

I would like to start this thread about our HU's screws and their types. Sharing the info about them, where you've got them (be it in your tool box or someone else's - jk), etc. Be it with uploaded pix or just the specs of them; so as to help others ESPECIALLY me!

I bought an X930BT without them puck-ing screws (at least the seller did not have it or might have sold it for extra 3-5 dollars). I have tried some of my automotive metal screws of 1cm long, but it's not grabbing my 05 Xterra stock stereo (RF audio system) bracket against the HU's body well enough. I am thinking of glue-ing it after I gave it some enough bite; before it "uncatches" the coarse thread of the 930BT's holes. I think it might work, but it is also gonna un-hold after some hundred miles of vibrations or perhaps even much lesser than that.

I would also like to ask anybody; to spare me just 6 (the least 4) if they have some laying around, spare mounting screws for X930BT or maybe them X940BT screws (are the same, no?!)

I did have D3 mounting screws - 2 spare and they are machined fine threads.

PLEASE!!!!

I will include you whoever will spare me some screws, in my powerful prayer(s) for your HU not to be stolen by "swipers" - "stolers" - "dorobos" - "magnanakaw" - "thieves" - "pirates" or "NEEDY ONES". Hehehe!

Cheers!