AVIC411.com

Since there isn't any fix in sight for the Appradio2, does anybody know if , you had an iPod touch connected to your Andriod's Wifi (as a Mobile Hotspot) and connected to to the Appradio2, would it work? So basiclly your circumventing the Andoid issues by using an "i" product which has a ton more apps and seems to be working, but not going to an iPhone. We have been left for dead with everybody pointing their fingers at each other, I was hoping this would enable us to have a functional radio while we wait..... Thoughts plz..

If i connected an iPod Touch with the iPod cable that comes with the AppRadio2, leaving my Android un-connected. Now setting my Android to be a Mobile Hotspot and connecting the iPod Touch to the WiFi of my Android. Using all of the apps available for iPod (Pandora, Nav Etc) would that work? Still using my Android for phone calls, but all media coming from iPod Touch.

There is no reason it shouldn't work other then the fact that certain apps are only coded to work with the iPhone as opposed to all iDevices. The only issue you may have is with GPS control. Im not sure the iTouch has a builtin GPS receiver or if the iTouch will be able to use the GPS receiver on the unit. Other then that it should work just as an iPhone would. I have done this same thing with another unit before and it worked without issue.

So it works. It seems to be reliable, so far about 4 on/off's with the car and it connected everytime both Bluetooth to the radio and Wifi to my Android. Pandora is way faster when the app is coming from the iTouch vs my Android when I had it connected. iTunes sucks balls, and having to convert all my files to make them sync with iTunes took just about 8 hours. So I have plenty of music and a reliable connection, but no way am I sticking with iAnything. My Droid does way more then this (iTouch) or the iPhone, it's faster and has 3 times the camera this P.O.S has lol.. IF and WHEN somebody steps up and fixes the Andriod issues, this thing is going back to Best Buy. Gotta love the 30 day no questions asked return policy!

• 2 weeks later...

good to know that...

so for exemple, you can buy an ipod 4G , share the internet connection from the iphone...just connecting the ipod on wifi to the iphone too ?

that's a good idea, because don't need to disconnect all the time and to break the connector in long time use...