AVIC411.com

JB 4.1 support should be coming soon

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a voicemail from Pioneer today in response to an email I sent them about the Jelly Bean update. The guy just said to call him back which I don't have time today but he did actually mention a Jelly Bean update. I almost passed out it looks like they are actually working on it so yay!

Got a voicemail from Pioneer today in response to an email I sent them about the Jelly Bean update. The guy just said to call him back which I don't have time today but he did actually mention a Jelly Bean update. I almost passed out it looks like they are actually working on it so yay!

More then I got... Promised callback never happened... No email replies either...

Pioneer Canada didn't even know the Nexus was compatible.

AOKP or CM10 do not work with this unit on a Samsung S3. I've tried both after wiping everything and they just put my phone into a permanent restarting mode. Does Pioneer have one tech support guy programming updates for this unit? There hasn't been a change in any update since this unit came out for androids, and god knows this unit needs a TON of updates just to get it out of alpha stage.

There hasn't been a change in any update since this unit came out for androids, and god knows this unit needs a TON of updates just to get it out of alpha stage.

I assume you've already done the v8.15 and/or the latest v8.17 firmware update? http://pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio/AppRadio+2+%28SPH-DA100%29

This firmware update (v8.17) contains the following improvements:

• Increased accuracy during touch panel use.
  • Improved recognition of devices connected with an MHL adapter.
  • Faster response when utilizing REAR VIEW mode.

It's nice to know they're working on getting 4.1 to work when they can't even get 4.0.4 to work!

I just put CM10 on the S3 and was pleased to discover that MHL works. I don't have to authorize the Bluetooth connection on every startup anymore either. When they add Jelly Bean support to the Appradio .apk file everything will work perfectly on my end.

FYI, Samsung is still working on getting the pixel cutoff issues fixed as far as I know.

Here is an email I just recieved from Pioneer. I will be in touch and let you guys know what happens.... Our engineers are looking into the 4.1 software and working on a solution.

They do have a couple questions regarding your specific phone.

In one of your previous E-mails, you mentioned you have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Is this still correct?

Who is your service provider?

The 4.1 operating system, did your provider push this update directly to you or did you root the phone and install it yourself?

Thanks for taking the time to provide the requesting information. Once I receive the information I will forward it to our engineers. In return, I will forward any update I receive from them.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys I got another email update from Pioneer and here's what they said, it looks very promising.

Our engineers are hoping to have an update for our application by the end of the month.

They have also provided an updated SDK to the different application developers. They will need to update their apps to support the new SDK. The updates will be pushed through Google Play, like any other application update. Sorry, we do not have a way to know when they will release their updates.

If I hear any additional updates, I will get them to you.

What email are you using to talk to them? I wasn't able to get any replies from the ones I tried....

Great news your getting updates out of them.

Well I am using the customer service one, but got no response. It wasn't till I threatened them that they actually answered and were quite nice after that. lol