AVIC411.com

inconsistent "last played track" memory? avh p8400bh

Bought the most expensive non-gps unit expecting everything would be flawless, considering how long pioneer has been doing double dins, and the price tag. I was very wrong though. Overall, the user interface sucks. They really should outsource that part and just do audio hardware only.

One of the many annoyances I have with the unit is that occasionally, the unit will "forget" what track was playing when the car was turned off, and then it'll just default to the first one again. I had been using USB with my phone, and was thinking that it was because I was unplugging it all the time that maybe it just didn't have time to write to the hard drive where it left off. So I bought a 16GB SD card to put my music on to, and the same thing happens. Anybody else experience this and/or have a solution?

Also, am I the only one who's annoyed by the way the phone "shuffles" the music? Instead of making a shuffled playlist, it'll just randomly pick a song from the collection, meaning I sometimes hear the same song twice or three times, and sometimes never get a chance to listen to other songs.

• 1 year later...

I know this is a very old topic, so apologies if this is considered a necro-post. I've been having the same issues with this headunit. I had no major issues with playback until about 6 months ago, and its finally become annoying enough that I've started looking for a potential solution. OP, in case you see this post, did you manage to find any solutions? (other than replacing the HU).

Kevin