AVIC411.com

so you took a 910 all the way to a 940? did you lose anything?

No. Seems the same, but better. BTW; our nav unit is a x9310bt, so a 930 not a 910.

Still haven't got the android thing to work with our Galaxy S1 & S2 phones. The rest is great.

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I found it on page 20 of the T1000-19328 manual, "The upgrade takes approximately 30 minutes in total".

I upgraded my 2012 Subaru Outback x9310bt with the new 2012 map update. Generally better maps and POIs. However, there was an unexpected side effect of applying the map upgrade. Since my car was new and had the factory installed x9310bt, it came with a free 3 month Sirius Satellite radio trial with all the stations unlocked. After the map upgrade, I lost all the Sirius Satellite stations except for the Preview station. Now I must register with Sirius using a credit card to get the 3 month trial, after which I must cancel or they continue debiting the credit card. :(

I just picked up a used X910BT and installed it this weekend. I am contimplating the update, but not sure if it's worth it on the 910. What changes will I see (besides 2012 maps)?

Currently, on the Service Information screen it says

Map version: 02.000500

Version: 3.020100

The maps say 2008.10 on them

Thanks.

i think CNSD-300FM (2011) may have been the last official update for that series (includes your x910bt).

You can find "hybrid-4.001" method in hacks forum of F series.

Assuming you are in US you can find Q4 2011 maps, and combine with that update.

Besides updated maps, several users indicate their unit seems to be more responsive and starts up a bit quicker. There are no other significant UI updates. You can "customize" the feel/skin of the units. Several folks have mods int he F Hacks forum that change the appearance.