AVIC411.com

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

We have a x9310bt in our 2012 Legacy. The car was built sometime in 2011, so I would think that the maps are 2011 at the latest. Is there away to tell what the year of the maps are? I remember on my Garmins it wasn't this tough to figure it out.

There are 2012 maps for our unit available. See this link:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/Map-Upgrades/NAVTEQ+2012+Map+Upgrade+for+AVIC-Z130BT,+AVIC-X930BT,+and+AVIC-X9310BT

According the the manual it takes about 3 hours to install. Have you done the update? Did it take that long? Did you have to connect a charger to the battery for this?

Thanks

From the install manual it looks like there is a one time passcode for the nav upgrades? Looks like pioneer finally tried to do something about map sharing that was happening. I dont care about the maps but I do care about the android capability. It sucks they make us 930 owners pay $120 for something that should have essinentally been a free upgrade and is available in the X940

They could have just not offered a software upgrade for 120 bucks and just required you to purchase the 940 for that Android support. Of course thats what all the other manufactures do so I think someone needs to let Pioneer know they are making a big mistake and loosing a lot of money. Especially sense every year we get people posting on this forum with this complaint. It amazes me just how quick people criticize without realizing whats actually being offered of them.

You will have an X940 if you install it.

Hi!

I've ordered the 2012 map updates for our x9310bt. It should be here next week.

Will ours be a 940 as well? Is a 940 better (than a 9310)?

Also, we have seen our car radio units that handle more than one BT phone at the same time. The 9310 doesn't now. Will the update let us have more than one BT phone connected at the same time?

Irregardless its still a lovely unit - our first built in.

Thanks

Thanks

I have 2 questions a friend asked me if i wanted to split the cost of the updradge with him so we could spend 60 each but i told him i don't think we could both use the same one

so i figured i would ask in here

can the upgrade only be used once ?

once its used is it erased

or does it only allow you to use it on one unit

does it somehow encode the SD card with the Serial number of your model ? on the card so it can't be used on other units of the same model ?

or can it be used on multiple units ?

also is there an actualy part number or serial number for the upgrade i wanted to see if i could try and find it on Amazon perhaps

Hi!

We received the SD card today. Not bad really, ordered last Thursday the 30th and received it today the 4th. Over a holiday and over a border (to Canada).

Cost $120US + $30US for cross border courier (Fed-X). They even had the Country of Origin form completed for customs. So the envelope cleared customs without even having to see the border customs people. Now there is a bonus!

You need the Device # from your Service Information Screen on the Pioneer, and the SD card came with the Media #. With that you just have to go to 'pioneernavigationupdate.ca (for Canada, probably .com for the US), enter both numbers and supposedly get a password that you'll need for the update. So it looks like the update is tieing the SD card to a specific nav unit. So sharing most likely won't work.

So will find out on the weekend how this all works.

Thanks

Hi!

We received the SD card today. Not bad really, ordered last Thursday the 30th and received it today the 4th. Over a holiday and over a border (to Canada).

Cost $120US + $30US for cross border courier (Fed-X). They even had the Country of Origin form completed for customs. So the envelope cleared customs without even having to see the border customs people. Now there is a bonus!

You need the Device # from your Service Information Screen on the Pioneer, and the SD card came with the Media #. With that you just have to go to 'pioneernavigationupdate.ca (for Canada, probably .com for the US), enter both numbers and supposedly get a password that you'll need for the update. So it looks like the update is tieing the SD card to a specific nav unit. So sharing most likely won't work.

So will find out on the weekend how this all works.

Thanks

On the 2011 Map update there was a modification that made it so the receiver would just accept any password (well, I think it was just 000000) so if you would share that would be pretty awesome and we can see if the previous system mod still allows the install.