AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to 2012 TomTom Maps Released!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just might take you up on that Mickey. I found a downloader for the file type posted earlier. My torrent DL'rs wouldn't do it. It appears no one is seeding though. I think I screwed up when trying to unrar them so I am going to try that again. If that fails I will PM you mickey. Thanks again!

I'm still seeding...

I have a Z1 that I upgraded to a z3 a while ago. I have the 2012 maps but have forgetten which partition is which since its been a while. I have 4 partitions on my drive LDAT,SDAT,DONT_DEL015 and another DONT_DEL015. Which partitions am I restoring is it LDAT and SDAT? This is the part I am no too sure about for LDAT is the target LDAT (17.51GB) or DONT_DEL015 (18.61GB), instructions say to choose larget partition. Thanks in advance for clearing this up.

I have a Z1 that I upgraded to a z3 a while ago. I have the 2012 maps but have forgetten which partition is which since its been a while. I have 4 partitions on my drive LDAT,SDAT,DONT_DEL015 and another DONT_DEL015. Which partitions am I restoring is it LDAT and SDAT? This is the part I am no too sure about for LDAT is the target LDAT (17.51GB) or DONT_DEL015 (18.61GB), instructions say to choose larget partition. Thanks in advance for clearing this up.

LDAT and SDAT

I may have some bad luck, I took out my present hard drive from Z2 ( not the original HDD ) and now it doesn't work at all. My computers and laptop will not recognize it. I tried AFF Repair Station and it doesn't recognize my HDD. I put it back in my Z2 and radio does not recognize it either. Thank God I still have my original, that works fine. Any ideas of what might of happen?

I may have some bad luck, I took out my present hard drive from Z2 ( not the original HDD ) and now it doesn't work at all. My computers and laptop will not recognize it. I tried AFF Repair Station and it doesn't recognize my HDD. I put it back in my Z2 and radio does not recognize it either. Thank God I still have my original, that works fine. Any ideas of what might of happen?

What exactly did you do between "I took out my present hard drive" and "now it doesn't work at all"? I am missing key information :)

Did you connect it incorrectly to a 2.5" adapter and send power down the wrong pins? Does your bios see the drive?

What exactly did you do between "I took out my present hard drive" and "now it doesn't work at all"? I am missing key information :)

Did you connect it incorrectly to a 2.5" adapter and send power down the wrong pins? Does your bios see the drive?

No, the bios does not see the drive. I even inserted to my laptop, no luck.

After I pulled out the drive from the Z2, I plugged it to my computer. I had the adapter but didn't have the power wire.

So I made my own power, maybe that was a mistake. I just know my drive is probably fried.

No, the bios does not see the drive. I even inserted to my laptop, no luck.

After I pulled out the drive from the Z2, I plugged it to my computer. I had the adapter but didn't have the power wire.

So I made my own power, maybe that was a mistake. I just know my drive is probably fried.

It does sound like it's fried. That blows.

There should be a molex connector on your motherboard. If not you could use the one from the optical drive. But if there is an extra connector the cables are cheap at most computer stores, a local best buy would have them too. I haven't attempted this yet and if the drive is an IDE drive that is problematic for me. When I built my computer I didn't worry about having legacy connections.