AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to 2012 TomTom Maps Released!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded the torrent and uploaded to a z2 with z3 software using acronis true image 10 on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit (there is a page that tells you how to make it windows compatible). Maps work fine and everything went smoothly. I will seed the torrent for a couple days, my isp up in Canada isn't to friendly when i go over my allotted usage.

Is a PM the only way to get the torrent? I downloaded the 125 and 132 files but I am unsure what to do with them. Repair them like the fella said and all is good?

I am assuming it is a drive image. I have read the tutorials for unlocking the drive and am fine with hooking the drive to my computer. I don't know if I need to or not though. The unit came with an upgraded HDD installed already, it is a 120GB. I am thinking it will be unlocked already.

P.S. This is going in an Avic Z2 if that matters

Edit: Downloaded QuickPar and am getting nowhere. It says no repair needed. I have never used it before so it might be something I am doing wrong.

Is a PM the only way to get the torrent? I downloaded the 125 and 132 files but I am unsure what to do with them. Repair them like the fella said and all is good?

I am assuming it is a drive image. I have read the tutorials for unlocking the drive and am fine with hooking the drive to my computer. I don't know if I need to or not though. The unit came with an upgraded HDD installed already, it is a 120GB. I am thinking it will be unlocked already.

Edit: Downloaded QuickPar and am getting nowhere. It says no repair needed. I have never used it before so it might be something I am doing wrong.

You only downloaded two of the files you need... it's like 6.8GB total... if you have a newsgroup server you connect to. you can get the other files need FAST

This is just for "avic411.com" members only ;)http://bit.ly/PrCO9r

_______________^^^^ Important!

if not you'll need the torrent

Thanks for the reply dtomcat. I am not sure what you mean by a newsgroup or FAST. (acronym?) Never used them. The torrent doesn't seem to be friendly to utorrent. I will google newsgroups and see what I can do. Thanks again!

Edit: Looked up newsgroups. Not sure what to do here. If I pay the access fee for a month or whatever I just use the torrent link to find it? The torrent didn't work for me on utorrent or bittorrent.

Just unrar the files then you're good to go.

If you have microsoft skydrive account (free) I can share them with you.

Thanks for the reply dtomcat. I am not sure what you mean by a newsgroup or FAST. (acronym?) Never used them. The torrent doesn't seem to be friendly to utorrent. I will google newsgroups and see what I can do. Thanks again!

Edit: Looked up newsgroups. Not sure what to do here. If I pay the access fee for a month or whatever I just use the torrent link to find it? The torrent didn't work for me on utorrent or bittorrent.