AVIC411.com

Appradio 2 blank screen problems

Hi all, I just purchased the Appradio 2 and finally did my install, but have ran into some issues. I've been searching for awhile now on some solutions, but i'm stumped and looking for advice. First, I have the latest firmware installed and I have an iPhone 4S 5.1.1. I wired everything up correctly, double checked and pretty competent with this stuff, and I have the ipod working, pandora, etc.

The problem I have is with the App mode, and I did the ebrake bypass with a switch, and can pretty OK for the warning message after cycling through the on off on. After that, all I get is a blank screen, and I noticed I can launch apps like Waze, EC Touch, and the car media player by randomly touching spots on the blank screen.

So I thought that maybe it's a problem with my iphone cable, maybe a wire was pinched/broke so I ran an extension card and ps3 to my truck, pulled the radio out and did a quick test with an HDMI cable on the back. Once again, it's asks to go into advance app mode, warning message for the ebrake, but it's still a blank screen. I can double tap the app to play music, etc., I just have no video at all.

So, if anyone has any ideas, suggestions, I am all ears, and thanks in advance.

Yes, at least I think. Last night I was tired and not thinking clearly, so I hooked up my PS3 up in 1080P mode, this morning I changed it to 480P and it worked perfectly using the HDMI port. As far as my settings go with my iPhone TV Out, I plugged the phone in, went to TV out in Settings/General/TV Out and changed it from NTSC to PAL, NTSC Wide screen off, Pal Wide screen off, and basically any configuration I could think of with no luck. I'm starting to lean toward a bad iPhone cable being I bought this super cheap off cowboom ($220).

Yes, i'm using the iphone cable that hooks directly to the back ot the unit, it is the pioneer cable that came with the radio. Im thinking one of the wires is broke on the video side of the cable, since I can still use the ipod/pandora functions of the phone, just when I go into appmode, it's just a blank screen.

did you ever get a fix for your black screen issue? I am currently experiencing the same issue with Iphone 3gs connected I can play my music via the ipod function but when I go to advanced apps nothing is there, if i turn up radio i see the volume in the corner, also if when in advanced mode go to youtube on phone i can see the video play. It seems to me that the dash doesn't see my phone plugged in with the app cause it shows the symbol to plug it is.

I am currently experiencing the same issue with Iphone 3gs connected I can play my music via the ipod function but when I go to advanced apps nothing is there, if i turn up radio i see the volume in the corner, also if when in advanced mode go to youtube on phone i can see the video play. It seems to me that the dash doesn't see my phone plugged in with the app cause it shows the symbol to plug it is.

The iPhone 3GS is not compatible with the AppRadio. Apple changed thei spec between the 3GS and the iPhone 4 that allowed the iPhone 4 and 4S to output app-based video via the dock connector, which is why the iPhone 4 and 4S work but the 3GS does not.

Well, I purchased a new cable. It seems I had a different style cable that came with the radio I purchased through the cowboom site, and the replacement I got off of ebay. My appradio is fully functional now with the new cable and loving it, especially appradio extensions 2.0. So problem is solved on my end.

As far as iphone 3gs compatibility, the AppRadio 2 is incompatible with the appmode. Doublecheck their website and it states iPhone 4 & 4s. I think there is a TVOut app on cydia if you jailbreak. I can't guarantee it'll work, but it's your best way of viewing apps on your screen. Although throw the ability to touch the screen out, you'll have to use your phone to still control everything.