AVIC411.com

UK Camera database. Z3 HD3 HD1 Z1

Hi, I have an Avic HD3 and am trying to get a camera database for it. I realise that teleatlas who were bought over by tomtom used to do one but stopped circa 2008. I know that the F series has a up and running current one. I was just wondering how different the files were on the F series to the HD3. I have found out that both files with the database of the cameras are called orbis.dat. Is there anybody that can help shed a bit more light on the mater or point me in the right direction?

Could somebody share the files from the camera database of the F series with me preferably the uk ones, so I can actually see if it can be converted or not? Doesn't matter how old they are. Its for comparison purposes.

I did e-mail tomtom but they referred me to pioneer who weren't very helpful. Thanks.

Hi, Yes it did have the feature as standard. It also has the max speed in the areas you go into displayed on the unit.The database was supplied by tele atlas but they stopped doing it for some reason. Maybe because they were bought over by TOMTOM. I have files for Benelux supplied by a chap on this Forum. Do you want to have a look at them? Orbis.dat is one of them. I know there are a few owners of these units Avic HD series interested in getting a Camera Database to work. Thanks.