AVIC411.com

Update for X930bt Finally here...

Well the unit is kinda fubared, I suspect a corrupted nand. I am missing maps for a few states (my state being one of them). I've tried to reinstall the maps via hackmode but the folder is corrupt and can't delete or modify content :'(.

I hope when installing the new maps that it might format/erase the nand and install the needed maps correctly. If it doesn't work, meh... I have another 930 that I am using

Personally I don't fell that any of the navis released by Pioneer in this series released in the last three years are worth the money. I have been very vocal on this forum about these units being the worst navis on the market and that comes from owning all of them sense 2006. That being said, If this upgrade completely trashed the current garbage navi software for something different I would say absolutely it is worth it. Unfortunately they didn't change the software when they changed the map vendor so my opinion is that it isn't worth 120 bucks to simply add a different map vendor and still offer the poor excuse for navi software. Now, the other additions you get on the head unit side may be worth it to a lot of you. For those of you that don't know, upgrading will give you all the features of a 940.

I have an X920BT and have been waiting for 2012 maps (want to change to Navteq). I also want the bluetooth update that was included in the 2011 update on the Pioneer site (not sure if it will help...bluetooth connection to my iPhone is buggy to say the least). I went to the link listed above and it seems like a map update only. Will it work on the 920? Should I wait for Pioneer to list this on their site, will they bundle it with the same (or newer) bluetooth update? Thoughts? Thx. Rick