AVIC411.com

New 2012 Map Upgrade at Pioneer website!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of what I thought too. I ordered the map update so I guess I'll just wait and see why Pioneer says that I should do the z140 upgrade and go from there. :-)

They told you to do the Z140BH software upgrade as well?! Isn't that like another $120? That's crap! Sounds to me like they are just after more money (which is why we need to have this thing cracked). I'm assuming you have the Z130BT? If that's the case, then we should have you send it to someone who knows how to crack it...

Speak up, people!

I didn't talk to anyone at Pioneer beyond tech support as to whether the map update was available directly from Pioneer. In a rather curt manner, the lady I talked to told me that this upgrade had nothing to do with Pioneer and that I had to get it from Navteq. She didn't mention anything about an upgrade of my z130 to z140; probably because there isn't one yet. The Navteq map update appears to be stand alone even though Pioneer shows it will work on the Z130.

They told you to do the Z140BH software upgrade as well?! Isn't that like another $120? That's crap! Sounds to me like they are just after more money

Yeah we get this every year on this forum from people that just don't seem to realize what they are being offered. Of course they could just not offer the ability to software upgrade your year old unit to the new current unit and just require you to spend another 1000 plus dollars if you want to upgrade but instead they offer you that same ability for a 120 bucks. I really don't see the problem especially when none of Pioneer's competitors allow software upgrades at all.

My original question/point was whether there is any advantage in upgrading from z130 to z140 IF/WHEN it becomes available. I agree that it benefits us that Pioneer offers such upgrades and I was just trying to figure out what would make the upgrade worthwhile; especially in light of the fact that I am now able to install Navteq maps on my Z130. If Pioneer can convince me that the upgrade will do anything else beneficial for what I already have I'll definitely consider it.